Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** REMF XI vs NSC XI - Saturday 28th March 2009 ***

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I usually wear trackie bottoms when keeping anyway, I've got psoriasis on my knees and I don't like to tear them up ;)

BTW, as much as it sucks - I've got to nip off after the game. See you there about half 9, I'll be sporting last season's home shirt and some black trackie bottoms. I've also got a pierced lip.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm looking forward to it! Just packing my stuff for the morning :)

Will anyone be going for a beer or two afterwards/before the albion match?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I looked at the origianl post and went to Waterhall with 24 cans at 12pm. What a f***ing nightmare cars double parked and 5000 kids and their parents on some race morning or something. I gave up and came back to see furtehr down the thread it is at Preston Park :wozza:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks anyway Gareth! Good solid effort.

Score was 7-1 to REMF and would have been 7-0 if Barrett had not given the most ridiculous penalty to the NSC side. Decent performance from the REMF side, I didn't die, Brett scored a few.

Thanks to the NSC side for providing opposition.

Ooh look, I'm first back to post. SUPER NERD!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Most of the blood goals went past me! dodgy keeper would be being kind :D

Was a lot of fun thou, will be down the 'pan for REMF for sure.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Score was 7-1 to REMF and would have been 7-0 if Barrett had not given the most ridiculous penalty to the NSC side. Decent performance from the REMF side, I didn't die, Brett scored a few.

I will save the beers for you lot on 8/5.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

I thought it was 8-1. We played very well in the first half and there was actually some really nice passing moves. The first time we have ever played well in a REMF warm-up match, so I hope it bodes well for Palace.

Unfortunately, the occasion became too big for the ref and he awarded the softest penalty ever.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Thanks to the organisers of the game the ref (s) and my masseuer,the 1st half was a bit 1 sided due to a gale force wind in the nsc faces and a uphill slope to contend with! sods law the wind dropped in the 2nd half and the remf players showed their fitness to be a little more finely tuned than nscs,dont know what all the fuss was about our stonewall penalty,the lad had his legs taken away for sure :rolleyes:,prob be off work for a week until my legs recover from the blamanche state but a enjoyable game non the less. :thumbsup:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Just to clear this up...I did NOT go down looking for that penalty whatsoever. My leg completely cramped up on me, and still hurts to this moment. Nothing to do with Ali whatsoever, I went down because of the cramp, and he fell over the top of me. If anything, it was probably a free kick the other way :lolol: If he did foul me, I didn't notice due to the cramp!

Oh well it was nice to get a consolation goal...

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
No proper report, no pics? :tumble: We are all on the edge of our seats. :jester:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Wasn't a bad game really, REMF were far too good for us this year and played some wonderful football. Bodes well for the game at Lewes. Nice to get a goal even though it was a "token" penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here