Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remembering Selhurst

Mouse28

Nov 15, 2009
1989 - the match with 5 penalties, 4 for Palace, they missed 3 and scored 1 we scored ours. Lost 2-1

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Great game, is this still the world record for most penalties in a game without a shootout?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'd rather not remember Selhurst if it's alright with you. What a shit hole. Enough to put you off your dinner looking at images like this:

decrepit-stadiums.jpg

Marlboro-Motor-Raceway.jpg

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Great game, is this still the world record for most penalties in a game without a shootout?

It is the British record for most penalties but is just 1 short of the world record - i think this was a Greek league game but not sure of the year.

Still remember this game really clearly - Ian Wright's goal (and I hate to admit it) was incredible............

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!! Have not seen that footage before.
l remember the day as if it were yesterday. Great atmosphere - all laughing at every missed penalty!!! Depsite losing i seem to remember everyone smiling.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks to [MENTION=13585]little al[/MENTION] for supplying me with the DVD to this game a couple of years ago.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
26/12/1983 Boxing Day I was 15 ! My mate Dave had a shit heap of car, a bright yellow Ford Cortina rust bucket !
I get a phone call "Baz im bored fancy going to see Albion play the scum in Croydon" ?
f*** yeah man ! " Mum can I go to Croydon with Dave and watch Brighton play" so off we went three of us on Boxing Day on icy roads in a death trap of a car filled with beer and other mind altering substances !
PALARSE 0 ALBION 2 Best boxing day EVER !!!!
Anyone got a video of this ????? ???

I'd rather not remember Selhurst if it's alright with you. What a shit hole. Enough to put you off your dinner looking at images like this:

decrepit-stadiums.jpg

That picture puts pay to the saying "everything looks better in the snow"

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Christ almighty yeah I remember that - and Wendy not only making a tackle but also getting booked for it. That must have been a record in itself !! I remember Mike Trusson getting sent off and the 5 penalties but not much more
Thanks for putting this up

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Having watched the highlights of that game again - Kelvin Morton was light years ahead of the fashion, wasn't it. That match was all about him, the way he theatrically dances to a certain spot everytime he awards a penalty. Jesus he wouldn't be out of place today. As for Mike Trussons sending off, well, he be (un)lucky to get a red card today, in 88/89 he did nothing wrong. And we should have equalised at the end, with 10 men.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Are you boys sure it was 89?....from memory I thought it was around 91...I stand to be corrected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here