Relegation battle starts now.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well as someone who actually went tonight. If they play like that against a team like that, they don't deserve to be in this league. End of argument.

Not time to panic but I came away from that game worrying about the manager's performance at the moment rather than the players.

Well as someone who actually went tonight. If they play like that against a team like that, they don't deserve to be in this league. End of argument.

Not time to panic but I came away from that game worrying about the manager's performance at the moment rather than the players.

Agree.....from someone who went to the game tonight as well.
Unfortunately, I think we haven't hit rock bottom yet 0-2 defeat on Sunday I predict

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
please f*** off

He`s got a point as a manager you have to prepare for the worst to deal with it, Gus is rapidly approaching that situation.Our defence are not up to playing in this division,Calderon proved that tonight along with bridcutt against the hammers

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He`s got a point as a manager you have to prepare for the worst to deal with it, Gus is rapidly approaching that situation.Our defence are not up to playing in this division,Calderon proved that tonight along with bridcutt against the hammers

Eh...a shot sent in off his backside apparently and he isn't up to it,,,,,do me a favour...think before u post

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I felt sorry for Calderon. He had no chance against the big lump up front and wasn't helped by "Big Jessie" Greer who was truly shocking tonight.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Have to agree there.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I might be in the minority here but i'm not in the slightest bit worried about our current form. We, like many other modest mid table teams will go through winless runs, sit bottom of the form league and then go on a winning streak and surprise a few people, add to that the modest periods and there's your mid table finish. Our problem has been our fantastic start to the season which raised expectations, had we started the season nine games without a win then suddenly pulled of 16 points out of 18 we'd be creaming our pants.

How can that be a problem? Without that we'd be adrift now ... thank feck we had that start. I agree all mid table sides will suffer a dip in form but nine games without a win isn't what I would normally associate with a dip .. 4, 5 even 6 perhaps, not 9. Unlike some others I don't buy the injuries given that we've still got most of the players that got us those early season results and although I've been a fan of Gus throughout I do have to question his stubbornness in refusing to adopt a different approach and some odd selection choices, and his latest public comments about doing it his way sounded almost threatening. I think we have got some very capable players at this level, (excludes Harley) capable of what I'd consider would be results of a mid table team, (generally this is that they beat the bad teams, lose to the good teams have a bit of a wobble somewhere and get the odd freak result) but I'm wondering if I should be feeling some sympathy towards our players now?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
No wins in 9 is not good enough, one goal in 5 is not good enough . Poyets style of football is fine when things are going well , they're not, its time for the players to roll up their sleeves and grind out a result.If Poyet doesn't see that he's obviously afar more naive manager than people think. Threatening to "go home" every five minutes will only succeed in turning the fans against him, it's not what you expect to hear from the man in charge

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
has he responded to critisisms by the fans to last nights debacle before coming out with the 'go home' quote or has he just said it to the players.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We have a great manager who demands that his team play nice passing football and we have an ever increasing collection of quality footballers. We are mixing it with the best teams in this league. Currently we are in a form slump and we are having injury problems with our creative players which is contributing to lack of confidence in front of goal and a string of disappointing results. I am confident that we will arrest our slide and begin to reassert our selves within the top half of the table soon. Gus is a good manager and he will find away to get the players out on the pitch to get us the result we need to increase confidence, improve our results and continue the upwards movement of Brighton and Hove Albion. Those who were expecting and easy run into the playoff and Premier League were frankly dreaming, this is a long term project which generally is on track, albeit with a few bumps in the road. I am still pinching myself that we are in a new stadium, in the Championship, with some fantastic players (Vicente FFS) and competing with some big clubs around us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
4 points out of a possible 27 is shocking. League 1 players being found out now and it will have to stop soon or we`ll be at the bottom in no time.

Did we trouble their keeper ?

Thought I`d bounce this just to show what a tosser I am.:clap::clap::clap:

Brilliant stuff today. Unbeaten this year. Great days. Bring on millwall.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
4 points out of a possible 27 is shocking. League 1 players being found out now and it will have to stop soon or we`ll be at the bottom in no time.

Did we trouble their keeper ?
Thought I`d bounce this just to show what a tosser I am.:clap::clap::clap:

Brilliant stuff today. Unbeaten this year. Great days. Bring on millwall.
Fair play.

All went wrong when we signed Vicente, and he doesn't even play, will be suprised if he does again, wouldn't be suprised if he has sacked it off.
Your turn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports