Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relaxed about thursday

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So long as there's no opera singer, no clackers, the traps in the away dressing room are padlocked and Andy Fecking D'Urso isn't reffing it'll be fine.

There is an Opera Singer. Remembering we'd won twice previously when she has sung.....

Those bloody clacker things though......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Feeling fairly relaxed. I think we are a shadow of the team that made it last year, and my own expectation is considerably lower.

I'm just delighted to get an opportunity to go to The Amex one more time......

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I was so convinced that we weren't going to make the playoffs that I packed my season ticket away for the summer after the Yeovil game. Totally relaxed about Thursday, but I won't be come kick off though.

Ha! I had chucked my Uni parking tag away. Thankfully the bins hadn't been emptied but spent part of Saturday afternoon emptying a big wheelie over my patio :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ha! I had chucked my Uni parking tag away. Thankfully the bins hadn't been emptied but spent part of Saturday afternoon emptying a big wheelie over my patio :(

I take it that you found it? I contemplated binning my Bennett's Field parking ticket but decided against it as I wasn't sure about whether I'll need the same one next year :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not just relaxed, I'm beginning to convince myself it'll all be over by 10pm on Thursday.

A la '91 Millwall (one of the greatest games EVER), I think its all going to slot into place.

We're finally going to see Oscar's team execute Oscar's vision for us, and we'll blow them away 4 or 5 nil.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not just relaxed, I'm beginning to convince myself it'll all be over by 10pm on Thursday.

A la '91 Millwall (one of the greatest games EVER), I think its all going to slot into place.

We're finally going to see Oscar's team execute Oscar's vision for us, and we'll blow them away 4 or 5 nil.

Been saying all season that we will tonk someone soon, hasn't happened yet......there is still time

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Been saying all season that we will tonk someone soon, hasn't happened yet......there is still time
Me too.
Sadly though, this season, everything I've said 'blimey its so close, the next team are really going to get it'.
The next team have humiliated us, and we've played like 11 strangers.

I can hear 28,000 people leaving Thursday saying:-
'now I get it, that's what Oscar has been aiming for all season'.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Feeling fairly relaxed. I think we are a shadow of the team that made it last year, and my own expectation is considerably lower.

I'm just delighted to get an opportunity to go to The Amex one more time......

The huge injury list has made us weaker at times.
But as those players have started to return to the team, we are now stronger than last season in the fact that we move the ball much quicker than under Poyet.

Bit more composure in the final third, and we could be unplayable in this division.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The huge injury list has made us weaker at times.
But as those players have started to return to the team, we are now stronger than last season in the fact that we move the ball much quicker than under Poyet.

Bit more composure in the final third, and we could be unplayable in this division.

Do you really think we move it quicker? Obviously all opinions, but compared to last season (Palace onwards), I think we look pedestrian in comparison. When Orlandi and Lopez were in their pomp, we seemed to play much faster and were more incisive.

I think you are right in that the injury list until Christmas had a major impact, but I think really we have made the play-off's through default of others really (I'm not normally this pessimistic!!).

Saturday was fantastic, but having watched the game back, we were fairly dire, with no urgency until Ward scored. Could have been nerves of course, but it mirrored the Blackpool, Huddersfield (A) and Yeovil game (for the main).

Perhaps we're on a roll now, and of course, (as you can tell) my expectations are lower than last season. :albion2:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Do you really think we move it quicker? Obviously all opinions, but compared to last season (Palace onwards), I think we look pedestrian in comparison. When Orlandi and Lopez were in their pomp, we seemed to play much faster and were more incisive.

I think you are right in that the injury list until Christmas had a major impact, but I think really we have made the play-off's through default of others really (I'm not normally this pessimistic!!).

Saturday was fantastic, but having watched the game back, we were fairly dire, with no urgency until Ward scored. Could have been nerves of course, but it mirrored the Blackpool, Huddersfield (A) and Yeovil game (for the main).

Perhaps we're on a roll now, and of course, (as you can tell) my expectations are lower than last season. :albion2:

They looked very nervous on Saturday.

But yeah, we move it forward a lot quicker than we did under Gus.

It sometimes doesn't look that way because for most of the season we haven't had anyone up front to do anything with it.

Under Poyet, you could nip to the bar, finish your pint and get back to your seat before Greer and El Albd had given up playing square balls to each other.
It was pretty, and we kept the ball, but fit teams were able to get at us much higher up the pitch.

They can't now, because if they try it, we move the ball forward at pace, either long or with fast feet through the midfield.

If we had had more attacking options (instead of a string of injuries) we would have already been promoted.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The good news is that Derby won't park the bus. The bad news is that they're rather good at moving the ball around quickly in the oppositions half. But hey! Que sera sera, just happy we've made it to the playoffs and no major expectations on my part going forward so I'm nicely chilled and relaxed about it.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
The good news is that Derby won't park the bus. The bad news is that they're rather good at moving the ball around quickly in the oppositions half. But hey! Que sera sera, just happy we've made it to the playoffs and no major expectations on my part going forward so I'm nicely chilled and relaxed about it.

We will enjoy playing against a side that doesn't just stop us trying to be creative.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Feel surprisingly unfazed, mainly because I have no expectations of the matches other than the wish that we put on a decent show.
We are not suddenly going to discover a rich vein of goalscoring form but it would be hard to be more disjointed than we were on Saturday and we somehow pulled it out of the bag there.
If we start at pace it will help us and if we gain a bit of confidence from a good pass or a shot it will be fantastic. The key is not to lose the home leg. We are a better side playing away.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was so convinced that we weren't going to make the playoffs that I packed my season ticket away for the summer after the Yeovil game. Totally relaxed about Thursday, but I won't be come kick off though.

How do u pack a season ticket (smart card)..its own special suitcase? :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why do I feel so relaxed about Thursday ?
Is it because we snuck in at the death ?
Is it because we have exceeded my expectations this season ?
Is it because we are underdogs this time ?

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this one - not like last year.

All of those

Because it isn't Palace!

But especially that

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I cant forgive Poyet for doing that to us that night.

Cant believe any Brighton fan forgiving him and wishing him well.

The recent lack of atmos at the Amex was sort of understandable but shirley Thursday is a time to raise the roof. Last home game a celebration of Saturdays win, evening game under floodlight, live on TV with loads watching, close to a full house with plenty of loud Derby fans and we are underdogs. Its time to get the singing heads back on again.

I thought the atmosphere for the yeovil game was ok...especially the second half

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very different to last year, last 2 games we've been poor but ground out results. I'll be relaxed at the amex but come the 2nd leg I'll be pumped...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah, nowhere near the pressure of last year. Its Derby NOT Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here