Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Refund information for season-ticket holders

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Can't complain about what the club are doing, acting correctly as circumstances change. UTA.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Congratulations to the Club on their decision.
Will not gripe about whether it was fan pressure or not following PPV decision.
I will be taking mine and sons refund.
Please don't ask me to leave money in the Club when players are earning in a week 2 x what I earn in a year.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Please don't ask me to leave money in the Club when players are earning in a week 2 x what I earn in a year.

The very same players you expect us to do well with in the Premier League ???

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

The last sentence covers it for me. If it were Withdean days and the club were really struggling I'd definitely be helping the club out but I need that money a lot more than the club does.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m a bit torn on this, I want to leave the money with the club as my token gesture of helping out, but having been made redundant and employment opportunities looking a tad bleak the money could be very useful to my family.

In those circumstances I’m pretty sure anyone connected to the club would say look after your family first.
Sorry to hear about the redundancy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The very same players you expect us to do well with in the Premier League ???

You are both right.

By themselves the Albion cannot cut wages. They'll simply end up with demotivated, want-away players not doing very well. But when so many young people and people on low wages are struggling for work or hours it sticks in the craw to fund flashy cars and designer clothes.

A Premier League wide 50% wage cut would handle that in theory but, in practice, teams would find "sponsorship" and "bonuses" to top it back up. You're talking about the sort of wanky American businessmen trying to collar all the money for themselves out of Covid, and oil rich nation states here, clubs are not owned by a succesful local builder any more. And with no control over the EFL you could then have their rich chairman offering money that was more than the EPL cap and stars dropping down a league for the cash.

I'm still a fan and I still want my team to do well and that means paying market rates, and us making some contribution. You would hope there's at least some quid pro quo though. Last night Barber showed it, both with the refund proposal and the anger over the Liverpool and Man U power grab. The players are also involved in charity and community here. It's not "fair" but I don't see a solution unless every player in the land volunteers a pay cut.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Leaving ours in, not to help the club though obviously it will or through any optimism on seeing games this season but to make next season's payments lower. Money has gone as far as I'm concerned.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Leaving ours in, not to help the club though obviously it will or through any optimism on seeing games this season but to make next season's payments lower. Money has gone as far as I'm concerned.

Ditto. If I need the money in an emergency have until February to request a refund.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good customer relations from the club and the right course of action.
Hats off to them.

I will be taking the refund and supporting the club via PPV.
Which is precisely what the club want from this decision in my opinion.

If I understand correctly the club will get £5 from every paying viewer for every game.
If this goes on all season, that could well be 20 games for us - an average of 200,000 viewers will see them recoup all of the lost matchday income, without any of the corresponding costs.

So those who feel torn between their personal financial situation and wanting to help the club out, really shouldn't.

The bigger problem is that PPV is probably here to stay.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hats off to them.

If I understand correctly the club will get £5 from every paying viewer for every game.
If this goes on all season, that could well be 20 games for us - an average of 200,000 viewers will see them recoup all of the lost matchday income, without any of the corresponding costs.

So those who feel torn between their personal financial situation and wanting to help the club out, really shouldn't.

You don't mean 200,000 average per game do you?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yes, I think the maths is right.. isn't it?

£20m Matchday revenue £5 x 200,000 x 20 = £20m

Do you not think our games would pick up 200,000 viewers?

I'm not convinced the Burnley and west brom type games that will hit ppv will have hoards launching themselves at the buy now button

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Hats off to them.

Only games not on TV already are PPV though aren't they?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Only games not on TV already are PPV though aren't they?

Yeah I'm guessing we will be picked up for 14 leaving 20 games for PPV.

Obviously no one knows what the market is going to be like for PPV, yet.
But I don't think an average of 200k is excessive.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Nice move by the club.

I got a couple of questions, might sound daft but I just want to double check.

a) If we do take them up on a refund, this wont effect our ST direct debit from automatically renewing for next season, will it?
Im guessing not as they still keep 25% deposit.

b) If we dont take them up on the refund, will this further discount our ST's for next season? (as it did for this season)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
But I don't think an average of 200k is excessive.

It's 8.6x our STH number. Could I ask how many non-Albion PPV games you think you'll watch at £15 a pop? Personally, I'll be watching none. All the 'big' games won't be PPV - it'll just be the less interesting games, such as Albion x2.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Nice move by the club.

I got a couple of questions, might sound daft but I just want to double check.

a) If we do take them up on a refund, this wont effect our ST direct debit from automatically renewing for next season, will it?
Im guessing not as they still keep 25% deposit.

b) If we dont take them up on the refund, will this further discount our ST's for next season? (as it did for this season)

To question b I believe any balance left with the club will go towards next season thus reducing the monthly payments.

Just double checked and the email states that is the case

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's 8.6x our STH number. Could I ask how many non-Albion PPV games you think you'll watch at £15 a pop? Personally, I'll be watching none. All the 'big' games won't be PPV - it'll just be the less interesting games, such as Albion x2.

Spot on and I believe I've read somewhere our game v Burnley end of last season attracted around 7k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here