Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Refund information for season-ticket holders

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
As I said on another thread the other day, Ive found it strange, disappointing even, that many seemed to be so hasty on jumping on the club who seem to work hard so often to be fair to fans, and also communicate transparently on how and why decisions are made.

I hope those who took that stance over the last week or so won't be quite so hasty next time.

Well done Uncle Tony, Barbs and team. Again.

Mate, don't be so naive, the club has come to this correct decision from the pressure that supporters of BHAFC have put them under, and no other reason.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Horray! Clearly the club have realised they got it wrong, but well done for finally coming to their senses.

I for one will not be requesting a refund just yet. :albion2:

I disagree,the club always said it would keep this under review as the situation becomes clearer. This they have done and as it has become apparent that fans aren't returning anytime soon, they have come up with this refund policy.

There will be fans saying that its only because of the response to PPV that the club have done this, where as in reality it takes weeks to sort this type of thing out, so this was being planned for long before PPV was a serious consideration. Remember up to a few weeks ago, we all thought fans would be back in limited numbers by the end of October

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I disagree,the club always said it would keep this under review as the situation becomes clearer. This they have done and as it has become apparent that fans aren't returning anytime soon, they have come up with this refund policy.

There will be fans saying that its only because of the response to PPV that the club have done this, where as in reality it takes weeks to sort this type of thing out, so this was being planned for long before PPV was a serious consideration. Remember up to a few weeks ago, we all thought fans would be back in limited numbers by the end of October

Please, don't be so naive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I said on another thread the other day, Ive found it strange, disappointing even, that many seemed to be so hasty on jumping on the club who seem to work hard so often to be fair to fans, and also communicate transparently on how and why decisions are made.

I hope those who took that stance over the last week or so won't be quite so hasty next time.

I don't suppose we'll ever know if this was in the pipeline at the time the PPV became common knowledge or was forced by one or two people complaining. But the right thing done with bells on.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s clearly the right outcome and to a degree they have acted on fans views of the situation.

Maybe there’s a chance the north stand expansion gets covered tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"We’re also aware that while we are playing behind closed doors, fans may wish to see any Albion games that aren’t selected for normal live TV coverage on pay per view. The refunds we are providing will ensure fans have their money available to buy any PPV games if they wish to do so".

Well thats a bit of a change in tone from "fans always want something for free" isn't it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"We’re also aware that while we are playing behind closed doors, fans may wish to see any Albion games that aren’t selected for normal live TV coverage on pay per view. The refunds we are providing will ensure fans have their money available to buy any PPV games if they wish to do so".

Well thats a bit of a change in tone from "fans always want something for free" isn't it.

They were always going to refund at some point...the timing has been hugely awkward though. Only a couple of weeks ago or so they were expecting us back, so half a ST collected with that in mind wasn’t unreasonable.

The comms have now been nuanced to reflect the ‘feedback’ for sure, but if this had been done just before the PPV announcement rather than after there would have been far less **** flying around.

On the plus side, seems like the lack of a refund and the PPV thing will have shifted a ton of people up the waiting list to replace all those that flounced off. Poor old Barbs won’t be able to get away from being accused of doing this now simply because of the shitstorm that’s happened, when the reality is (IMO) this was going to happen anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I am not sure that is so...personally I would have wanted all my money back that I had paid where we would not have seen a game ....it does mean that if my mojo comes back in a year or so, then I will still have my ST, but as I said earlier, this time has shown that actually I do not miss the experience and would have no issue with cancelling and giving someone else the chance of getting a ST.

But at the end of the day fair play to the club and the change of direction from the comments made by Barber earlier in the week.

I will NEVER be a customer...I am a fan..

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Please, don't be so naive.

so you really think the club have come up with a plan to refund 20 000 people, with all the details sorted for thousands of variations , and computers etc programmed in a couple of days. Im not the onbe being Naive. Think bad of the club if you want (as many so called fans seem to want to do so at any opportunity), but a lot of us actually think they are making the best out of a very bad situation, that is changing day by day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seems unnecessary when they are already holding the money from the last five games of last season.

Did you not read the opening post?

They are refunding the money held from last season AND payments made this season, less 25% of your total 2020/21 ST cost.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
so you really think the club have come up with a plan to refund 20 000 people, with all the details sorted for thousands of variations , and computers etc programmed in a couple of days. Im not the onbe being Naive. Think bad of the club if you want (as many so called fans seem to want to do so at any opportunity), but a lot of us actually think they are making the best out of a very bad situation, that is changing day by day.

They didn't have to do any of that. They just had to say "we will be releasing details of how fans can get refunds shortly". I don't think fans unhappiness over the PPV couldn't have been foreseen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here