Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Refund information for season-ticket holders

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Did you not read the opening post?

They are refunding the money held from last season AND payments made this season, less 25% of your total 2020/21 ST cost.

I hadn’t read as far as the example (the only place it is mentioned, which I have now found after reading your post). There was no reference to last season in the main body of the article.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is good news where those that want their money back can get it

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m a bit torn on this, I want to leave the money with the club as my token gesture of helping out, but having been made redundant and employment opportunities looking a tad bleak the money could be very useful to my family.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I’m a bit torn on this, I want to leave the money with the club as my token gesture of helping out, but having been made redundant and employment opportunities looking a tad bleak the money could be very useful to my family.

Which is why the club are doing this, if you need the money you can have some back

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The right decision. Well done. Not convinced that this would have been announced yet without the storm generated by the PPV, but we will never know. Maybe it just brought it forward a few weeks?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They didn't have to do any of that. They just had to say "we will be releasing details of how fans can get refunds shortly". I don't think fans unhappiness over the PPV couldn't have been foreseen.

Err...really ???

At the time, with no refund policy, and the club holding on to STH money, being in favour of charging £15 to view a game people had already stumped up for was guaranteed to provoke a reaction, particularly with PB's rather condescending remarks. They have now corrected this, and we all know where we stand (just in time before PB got thrown to the lions in his Q&A).

I'll not be applying for the refund, as thus far I am in the fortunate position that my finances have not been directly affected by covid, so I'm ok with leaving the credit in the club. Also I'm less likely to entirely rule out paying the £15 now I know the refund structure is there (albeit by not applying for a refund I know I'm not going to be offsetting it for myself). If I can rope in a couple of beer monkeys and split it 3 or 4 ways then its not off the table now.

We just needed to see fairness applied.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mate, don't be so naive, the club has come to this correct decision from the pressure that supporters of BHAFC have put them under, and no other reason.

Which Paul has just pretty much admitted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Your family must come before the club.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The right decision. Well done. Not convinced that this would have been announced yet without the storm generated by the PPV, but we will never know. Maybe it just brought it forward a few weeks?

He only got 48 emails complaining so not a massive storm

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Err...really ???

At the time, with no refund policy, and the club holding on to STH money, being in favour of charging £15 to view a game people had already stumped up for was guaranteed to provoke a reaction, particularly with PB's rather condescending remarks. They have now corrected this, and we all know where we stand (just in time before PB got thrown to the lions in his Q&A).
I'll not be applying for the refund, as thus far I am in the fortunate position that my finances have not been directly affected by covid, so I'm ok with leaving the credit in the club. Also I'm less likely to entirely rule out paying the £15 now I know the refund structure is there (albeit by not applying for a refund I know I'm not going to be offsetting it for myself). If I can rope in a couple of beer monkeys and split it 3 or 4 ways then its not off the table now.

We just needed to see fairness applied.
So you agree with the point in bold?

Mate, don't be so naive, the club has come to this correct decision from the pressure that supporters of BHAFC have put them under, and no other reason.

I mean isn’t it obvious this happened. With the decline of independent journalism, fan sites should play a watchdog role not toy poodles

Did you not read the opening post?

They are refunding the money held from last season AND payments made this season, less 25% of your total 2020/21 ST cost.

You really have to search for that info in a long mail - should be in opening par

[SUP][/SUP]
I hadn’t read as far as the example (the only place it is mentioned, which I have now found after reading your post). There was no reference to last season in the main body of the article.

Indeed. Poorly drafted mail

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I think the club have acted quickly after it became clear fans returning anytime soon was doomed. They were then in the situation where consumer rights law would have kicked in and be liable for claims of refunds against a service paid for, but not being delivered.
Better to be a step ahead, but to be fair I think the club have done their best to keep us informed in the ever changing COVID landscape.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here