Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ref’s performance today

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It was David Coote. Every time David Coote takes control of a game it turns into the David Coote show. The man is an embarrassment

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
That's an improvement for these threads.

There was nothing there today that made me feel he was bad. I don't go looking for it. Tight calls are exactly that. Subjective for fans.
am i hallucinating? i see these threads week in, week out, regardless of whether we lost or not and regardless of whether the ref was biased towards us or against us

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
He was appalling. Inconsistent, he looked terrified when players challenged him. I watched on TV with a bar full of neutrals and no-one had any idea what he was doing, his decisions lacked any logic or evidence, it was like he was just rolling a dice in the second half. Truly incompetent showing. I don’t know what elite level refs have to do to be chucked on the scrap heap.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Love him but that's one aspect of his game he needs to get rid of. Will get a reputation, be targeted and might get some red cards.
Yes, perhaps. All that said....my point was that Villa probably had more to complain about today than ourselves :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wasn't aware we gave a shite.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Probably not, although could argue he should have sent off Polish curtains for a clear second yellow and we may not have lost…
Sure - but he was consistently bad for both sides. Atwell's performance was the most corrupt, Big 6/Home fans biased refereeing display, I have ever seen. Coote's display doesn't come close.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He was appalling. Inconsistent, he looked terrified when players challenged him. I watched on TV with a bar full of neutrals and no-one had any idea what he was doing, his decisions lacked any logic or evidence, it was like he was just rolling a dice in the second half. Truly incompetent showing. I don’t know what elite level refs have to do to be chucked on the scrap heap.
I was swearing at him all game, but when he dished out a yellow, for Enciso, basically doing his rolling around on the floor in agony thing, I was a little embarrassed

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I am getting a little f***ed off with the PGMOL collective decision that Mitoma is never fouled.

There does seem to have been a memo gone out over the past couple of months.
When you see the number of free kicks dished out for attackers being tackled near the box, it does beggar belief, that Mitoma never wins a freekick/penalty.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I am getting a little f***ed off with the PGMOL collective decision that Mitoma is never fouled.

There does seem to have been a memo gone out over the past couple of months.
When you see the number of free kicks dished out for attackers being tackled near the box, it does beggar belief, that Mitoma never wins a freekick/penalty.
He's gone down easily a few times unfortunately. The trouble is the refs actually study this stuff. All part of being professional they say, knowing exactly what to look out for from each player.

Seems totally wrong to me. I can see how it helps them do their job but think they should try to go into every match with no preconceptions about anyone.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Too big a game for him, absolute stinker.

How he didn’t book their player for hauling back ?MacAllister in the first half was unbelievable.

Linesman wasn’t much better either

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's gone down easily a few times unfortunately. The trouble is the refs actually study this stuff. All part of being professional they say, knowing exactly what to look out for from each player.

Seems totally wrong to me. I can see how it helps them do their job but think they should try to go into every match with no preconceptions about anyone.
Maybe but so did Zaha and Grealish, never stopped refs continually giving freekicks

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Sure - but he was consistently bad for both sides. Atwell's performance was the most corrupt, Big 6/Home fans biased refereeing display, I have ever seen. Coote's display doesn't come close.
Yep, it took 40 years for me to doubt a ref's impartiality but I may never get over Atwell and Salisbury's disgraceful performances. I note Atwell didn't appear at any more of our games this season. He deserves absolute pelters when he eventually reappears in front of us. Very lucky that that travesty didn't cost us a European spot.
Today's ref was hopeless but hopeless for both teams. By the end he had given up any pretence of being in control of the game.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yep, it took 40 years for me to doubt a ref's impartiality but I may never get over Atwell and Salisbury's disgraceful performances. I note Atwell didn't appear at any more of our games this season. He deserves absolute pelters when he eventually reappears in front of us. Very lucky that that travesty didn't cost us a European spot.
Today's ref was hopeless but hopeless for both teams. By the end he had given up any pretence of being in control of the game.
Atwell did get one of the most important matches of the entire season though. Everton's game at Goodison today. Astonishing really.

monkeymz

Sep 27, 2011
Mr Coote was terrible now i didnt care about the result cause our job was done , now Mcginn had 4/5 fouls and was never booked and kicked the ball away on a few times cash should have gone for 2nd yellow . He and Darren England going for the worst ref this year

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan

Japanese fans these days are saying like "Mitoma should learn how to go down correctly from Mac Allister or Enciso!" :rolleyes:

I believe that most of the time it is his speed and resulting inertia that make him fall down easily, and this is exploited by opponents. Also DFs have learned he is never fouled. A sort of vicious circle.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Atwell did get one of the most important matches of the entire season though. Everton's game at Goodison today. Astonishing really.
On the radio they said Everton had three good shouts for penalties but that he was "determined not to give Everton a penalty unless it was beyond any question at all". On the one hand I guess that's good, on the other hand it sounds like commentators tactfully saying he's getting it wrong. Again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here