Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ref’s performance today

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No problem with the ref today. We actually got the better of the decisions.

But we lost. So here comes the referee thread... :)

Problem for the ref was the nature of the game. Very tense, lots of poor challenges, I'd say more by Albion. Lots of 50/50s

I'll put my blue and white specs on and try to join the thread in the proper way. Now, where did I put them. Here they are..

Ref was shit.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

Problem for the ref was the nature of the game. Very tense, lots of poor challenges, I'd say more by Albion. Lots of 50/50s

I'll put my blue and white specs on and try to join the thread in the proper way. Now, where did I put them. Here they are..

Ref was shit.
99% of people don't care that we lost. He was actually just terrible for both teams. Cash should have been off

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Shocking. Must love writing reports. Played right into Villa's hands.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
99% of people don't care that we lost. He was actually just terrible for both teams. Cash should have been off
That's an improvement for these threads.

There was nothing there today that made me feel he was bad. I don't go looking for it. Tight calls are exactly that. Subjective for fans.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Ref was shit.
The ref was shit, fortunately he was equally shit for both sides. Just another one , like the vast majority of premier league refs,that’s not up to the job. We should be used to it by now .

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The ref was shit, fortunately he was equally shit for both sides. Just another one , like the vast majority of premier league refs,that’s not up to the job. We should be used to it by now .
The Villa fans were getting upset with him. Then again, I guess that's top six bias :lolol:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He was shocking. Gave them numerous soft free kicks on the edge of our area. Failed to send off Cash. McGinn must have kicked the ball away about 15 times unpunished. Luckily we had nothing on the game so we can quickly forget the performance of Midlands based David Coote.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Refs performance today

beer captain GIF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ref was shit.
Precisely. The ref gave us more than them I would say.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was shocking. Gave them numerous soft free kicks on the edge of our area. Failed to send off Cash. McGinn must have kicked the ball away about 15 times unpunished. Luckily we had nothing on the game so we can quickly forget the performance of Midlands based David Coote.
1685296859515.png

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Precisely. The ref gave us more than them I would say.
It was a match where he had to make so many decisions. It was niggly and a bit ugly at times. The problem for Villa was Albion were in no mood to get the towels out.

Many decisions are tight, and can be called either way. But a ref has a split second to play with. Seeing all the replays I think there was one that I thought there couldn't be made an argument for. Another ref may have given some of the decisions differently. But that's the nature of the game. There is little that is exact. Add to that how you can't expect football fans to be rational (note Ref threads when we lose to those when we win) and it's an impossible job for a load of abuse.

Team Ref, me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Ref was shit.
Lol….even when we win you aren’t happy if the ref comes in for any criticism.

thought he was brilliant today ..best ref of the season cough cough :wink:

Have a good summer BL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here