Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sadly in today's football industry yes it is. Club's dump managers all the time, often with little reason other than a total panic.

Gus has shown us more loyalty than most managers, 6th longest serving mamager in English football. But no manager in today's game is going to be 100% loyal to a club when they know that clubs regular touch up other managers ahead of sacking the current one.

Until chairman start being more loyal I can't see managers doing so.

Is he really the 6th longest serving? Had no idea.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Harry Redknapp could retire if he wanted to. He wouldn't be Brighton manager because he wanted to, he'd be doing it to benefit himself and an easy life.

I just don't get that comment :shrug:

Running any top flight football club is not an "easy life" Brighton won't exactly be a lot quicker in travelling terms than say London is from where he lives.

As for the day to day running of a club, he will be contracted to do a job, I just can't see how it would be a case of him benefitting himself or having an easy life :shrug:

By the way, just to clarify my personal thoughts, I doubt Harry will be coming to us anyway.

Stumpy Tim

Running any top flight football club is not an "easy life" Brighton won't exactly be a lot quicker in travelling terms than say London is from where he lives.

As for the day to day running of a club, he will be contracted to do a job, I just can't see how it would be a case of him benefitting himself or having an easy life :shrug:

By the way, just to clarify my personal thoughts, I doubt Harry will be coming to us anyway.

He lives on Sandbanks, Poole. Nowhere near London or Brighton, but he does have a helicopter!

I'm going to say it - Harry will be our next manager. I'm not overly happy about that, but I think he will be

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He lives on Sandbanks, Poole. Nowhere near London or Brighton, but he does have a helicopter!

I'm going to say it - Harry will be our next manager. I'm not overly happy about that, but I think he will be
I hope you're wrong.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I've just spotted him landing at Shoreham Airport, and being whisked into a Range Rover with blacked-out windows. Registration: TB 1 :jester:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

When has Harry ever done anything for the good of another club? All he does is put his chairmen under pressure to spend more. He even blamed the pitch at QPR for getting them relegated :dunce:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

He will be, I know how much you and Charlie love Redknapp, you must be over joyed.
He wont get you promoted, I am willing to beat money on that.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
I despise harry, man is a total fraud. He is a self serving, duplicitous, thin skinned snake of a man. Yes at times he can pick and motivate a team but he only wants to buy players he knows and that are 'good family men', he will refer to the albion as 'they', when things go well its all down to him, when things are bad its the players. Look at QPR, he goes in there saying he is not going to pull the chairmans pants down then does exactly that. His behavior there at end of season was a disgrace. He made a huge amount of the 2 points from 8 games Spurs had when he took over, well he finished season with 2 points from 9 games yet all the press do is cuss Hughes. Disgusting creature.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I despise harry, man is a total fraud. He is a self serving, duplicitous, thin skinned snake of a man. Yes at times he can pick and motivate a team but he only wants to buy players he knows and that are 'good family men', he will refer to the albion as 'they', when things go well its all down to him, when things are bad its the players. Look at QPR, he goes in there saying he is not going to pull the chairmans pants down then does exactly that. His behavior there at end of season was a disgrace. He made a huge amount of the 2 points from 8 games Spurs had when he took over, well he finished season with 2 points from 9 games yet all the press do is cuss Hughes. Disgusting creature.

They treat Redkanpp with less more respect than Managers that have won stuff.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't really get the logic that Redknapp will join us. He is threatening to leave QPR because he hasn't recieved enough backing. Gus wants to leave us because HE hasn't been recieved enough backing. So how are people working that out??

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't really get the logic that Redknapp will join us. He is threatening to leave QPR because he hasn't recieved enough backing. Gus wants to leave us because HE hasn't been recieved enough backing. So how are people working that out??

What Redknapp says and what he actually means are two different things, it has nothing to dio with him being backed - QPR showed they back him in the Jan window

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What Redknapp says and what he actually means are two different things, it has nothing to dio with him being backed - QPR showed they back him in the Jan window

So why does he want to come to Brighton when he knows the present manager wants to leave due to a constrained budget?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So why does he want to come to Brighton when he knows the present manager wants to leave due to a constrained budget?

He likes to get credit, He Knows he will be under pressure to get QPR up, if he walks away now his reputation is intact still as nobody in the media seems to realise that he was as much at fault for qpr going down as Hughes, He had 26 games to save them, not 12.

If he goes to Brighton there is less pressure, so if you dont go up it doesnt make him look bad, and you will get comments like " Brighton have never had it so good" and the media will lap it up and applaud him for finishing 4th with a club like Brighton.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He likes to get credit, He Knows he will be under pressure to get QPR up, if he walks away now his reputation is intact still as nobody in the media seems to realise that he was as much at fault for qpr going down as Hughes, He had 26 games to save them, not 12.

If he goes to Brighton there is less pressure, so if you dont go up it doesnt make him look bad, and you will get comments like " Brighton have never had it so good" and the media will lap it up and applaud him for finishing 4th with a club like Brighton.

Still can't see the logic of him leaving QPR bearing in mind the players he has available for Brighton whose players are decent to good Championship players at best.

Anyway, personally I wouldn't mind. At least we'll see some attacking football.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The more people on this site start whining about Redknapp being our manager, the more I want him.

The fact is, this is a guy who has managed in the EPL for his entire career. I'm willing to accept he's not good enough for England and probably not even Spurs, but this is Brighton and Hove Albion we're talking about. He's more than good enough for us.

There are far better managers who Brighton could attract with a history of getting teams out of the Championship

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Kinky i think the media do know he is massively flawed as a manager but he is good copy, people pick up papers and read about him. Remember it was widely known that 'Arry would NEVER be england manager but for copy they speculated. The media love the Range Rover door interviews as it looks good on TV, back page pictures.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kinky i think the media do know he is massively flawed as a manager but he is good copy, people pick up papers and read about him. Remember it was widely known that 'Arry would NEVER be england manager but for copy they speculated. The media love the Range Rover door interviews as it looks good on TV, back page pictures.

I disagree, Look at the uproar from people like Martin Samuel, Adrian Durham etc when he didnt get the England job and Levy sacked him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here