Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red trousers

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Living as I do, a stone's throw from Winchester, the spiritual home of the red trouser, I see a lot of men sporting the look. They are ALL wankers.

Please tell me you don't team them with deck shoes, a Gant shirt, and a jumper draped over your shoulders?

**** no! Teamed with black t-shirt and converse on a warm day. I gotcha now though, I can picture the gent you are talking about, they also seem to like a MUSTARD pair of slacks at times too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Only on NSC.

Seriously guys, I've a new plan for you. When you encounter any of these magpies, trees, emergency vehicles etc try this .... carry on as if nothing significant has happened, because it hasn't. Use the same toilet or any other, it makes not a jot of difference to your mood.

**** me, you'll be talking about lucky pants next!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Back on topic. I have a pair of red jeans which I really like. Last time I went out in town in them I got a bit of attention..............from men :(

This explains a lot :(

In 1950s London, when homosexuality was illegal, young homosexual men first used trousers made of red corduroy as a means of identifying one another at a distance, and of indicating that they were available for sexual liaisons with other men.
The trend is thought to have started out among recently-demobilised gay ex-army officers, but soon spread through polari subculture to encompass gay men in general.
The logic behind it was that red corduroy trousers are so hideous that only men who understood their true meaning would ever wear them, so there was no room for misunderstanding.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The logic behind it was that red corduroy trousers are so hideous that only men who understood their true meaning would ever wear them, so there was no room for misunderstanding.

lolz

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I associate red trousers with eccentric, usually quite posh, old men, the sort you'd probably find snoozing in the Members Pavilion at Lord's while play continues in the Test match.

Like Henry Blofeld, my dear old thing.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

I associate red trousers with eccentric, usually quite posh, old men, the sort you'd probably find snoozing in the Members Pavilion at Lord's while play continues in the Test match.

Like Henry Blofeld, my dear old thing.

Exactly the ones Wilko is alluding to then.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I was sat in the West Lower on sat sporting some red chinos (im not kidding, although after the abuse on here i wish i was). I see them as the connoisseur's choice

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
publicschoolboy was a much more entertaining account than this, you're just trying too hard now.

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
A bloke in the office turned up to work wearing red trousers- he received some abuse that day and for the next few weeks....totally deserved too.

This explains a lot :(

In 1950s London, when homosexuality was illegal, young homosexual men first used trousers made of red corduroy as a means of identifying one another at a distance, and of indicating that they were available for sexual liaisons with other men.
The trend is thought to have started out among recently-demobilised gay ex-army officers, but soon spread through polari subculture to encompass gay men in general.
The logic behind it was that red corduroy trousers are so hideous that only men who understood their true meaning would ever wear them, so there was no room for misunderstanding.[/QUOT

How spooky. I've got a pair of red cords and a pair of red briefs. Anyone care to see them?

this one is for Tim Over Whelmed who mentioned luck red pants. 101.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here