Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Record season ticket renewals (again)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We should all be pro the sharing scheme (not saying that you are not @chaileyjem). It avoids empty seats, and makes season tickets much more accessible in the long term to many more Albion fans.

Have two children but can only afford 2 STs? You can use the sharing scheme. Child going to university, and can't make every game? You can make use of the sharing scheme. Going abroad for a large part of the season but returning part way through (my particular use case)? The sharing scheme allows you to do that without losing your seat.

It's a really good scheme that adds an element of flexibility when the circumstances demand it.
i'm fine with it. and also the ability to be able to upgrade a ticket from a concession to an adult ticket and share with anyone. My son (a u21 now - but not for 24/25) - is away at University, not that he's there that much ha ha - has been a ST holder since 2011 - but it means i can share his ticket with my other son(s), friends , and wife when he can't make it. Eg: his older brother on Thursday.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
If season tickets are tight then maybe they should look at usage. Guy next to me has been 6 times this season.

Usage is an interesting one. An empty seat should be counted as a negative. Not sure it matters too much if someone is sat in the seat obtained via Sharing/Exchange schemes particularly if the match date changed due to TV / other competitions. Without it, not sure a ST would be viable.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Usage is an interesting one. An empty seat should be counted as a negative. Not sure it matters too much if someone is sat in the seat obtained via Sharing/Exchange schemes particularly if the match date changed due to TV / other competitions. Without it, not sure a ST would be viable.
I have a ST in the North Stand that I am going to use for the 1st time this season on Thursday. I've sold it on the ticket exchange every time it was possible, but it isn't always possible, so it has gone empty a few times. I bought 3 x 1901 ST through my company a couple of years ago, but the club won't transfer the loyalty points (built up since day 1 at the Amex with plenty of away tickets) from the NS ticket to one of the 1901 seats. So if I don't renew that seat, I will lose them all, and if I'd have done that last year, I wouldn't have been able to go to Marseille and Ajax.

It seems a ridiculous system to me, as there would presumably be plenty of buyers for that North Stand ST, but no way am I giving it up and losing all the points.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Feeling a bit miffed. Trying to get my daughter a season ticket as she is moving back home later this year after completing her Masters degree. She was a season ticket holder from the age of 9 and only gave it up to go to University and converted to an Albion Plus member during this period and would go to games with me when she is home, but they say she is not eligible for a season ticket and can't tell when or if she will be.

Don't really see the point of trying to get young people interested.
Less miffed now :) Managed to get my Daughter a season ticket again, she will be sitting directly behind me.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Agree that an empty seat is worse. I guess it comes down to supply and demand i.e. if we had enough season tickets then the debate is a non starter but whilst there is a waiting list then perhaps this needs to be looked at.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No, sorry. It doesn't specify on the site, just mention of the new window. I guess it comes down to being emailed.
Couldn’t see anything about a new window
The seat is filled but don't know if it goes through the exchange as it's often his 'mate' who sits there.. point is where do you draw the line e.g. is it ok for an Arsenal fan to have a season ticket and go to one game and put rest on exchange. Is it better to have a fan who commits to say 17 home games.
STH are required to attend at least 25% of home games leagues.
Selling on the exchange doesn’t count towards that target
Using the paid for share service - im
Not sure

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Are there still season tickets available?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Couldn’t see anything about a new window

STH are required to attend at least 25% of home games leagues.
Selling on the exchange doesn’t count towards that target
WHere does it say that in the season tickets terms - because i couldn't find it. I'm not sure Albion have that figure anymore . (perhaps i missed it)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are there still season tickets available?
Yes. Hundreds. I think if you are an existing season ticket holder - you can buy them straightaway. If merely an A+ member then almost certainly as i think the windows for prioritisting who had first dibs are now nearly over.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes. Hundreds. I think if you are an existing season ticket holder - you can buy them straightaway. If merely an A+ member then almost certainly as i think the windows for prioritisting who had first dibs are now nearly over.
Why would an existing season ticket holder want another season ticket? Do you mean you can buy them for someone else?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why would an existing season ticket holder want another season ticket? Do you mean you can buy them for someone else?
Ha ! I thought you could buy them for someone else - it looks liking buying extra ones is dependent on the person being an A+ member etc

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's still in the T&Cs for the upcoming season (section 17.5)

link to the pdf document here https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/usercontent/documents/pdf/2425/tandcs/MFT ST Terms and conditions 20242025.pdf
Thanks . Couldn't find it. Yep. here it is.

17.5. The Club reserves the right to refuse a Season Ticket renewal (or to cancel an auto-renewal), in the event the Season Ticket is used by the Season Ticket Holder for less than 25% of the Matches. The provisions of Clause 13.4 apply at all times. 17.6. For the avoidance of doubt, where a Season Ticket Holder has not attended any Matches in the preceding season, they shall not be entitled to auto-renewal of the Season Ticket and will only be able to renew the Season Ticket by actively confirming to the Club either online or over the telephone, that they wish to renewal for the forth coming Season. The provisions of Clause 13.4 apply at all times.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As far as i can work out , for 24/25 - it looks like you can share your season ticket as much as you like and with who you like - as long as they are A+ members. https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/usercontent/documents/pdf/2425/tandcs/MFT ST Terms and conditions 20242025.pdf

"The Club reserves the right to limit the number of Matches a Season Ticket Holder may exercise Ticket Sharing for their Season Ticket (for example, 9 Matches) and to limit the number of Users a Season Ticket may be shared with (for example, with 4 MyAlbion+ Members). However, for the 2024/2025 Season a Season Ticket may be shared up to nineteen (19) times with nineteen (19) different MyAlbion+ Members."

(it appears that was also the case for this season)
No longer any restrictions by club as they would now be delightedC if you share 19 times as this will mean 19 membership fees

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here