Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Record season ticket renewals (again)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No longer any restrictions by club as they would now be delightedC if you share 19 times as this will mean 19 membership fees
I'm sure they would be delighted if you persuaded 19 new people to sign up to be A+ members and perhaps a little perplexed that you've bought a ST and then not used it at all but that's very unlikely. There will be a few new sign ups - sure. But i suspect most fans share these days share with people who are already A+ members from previous seasons, family members or close friends - and thats the plan when they buy the ticket - given how many there are and how used to it how it works (its been in place for 5 years or so now).

Surely one of the people who you share your ticket with or the people you go with @amexer are members by now ?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm sure they would be delighted if you persuaded 19 new people to sign up to be A+ members and perhaps a little perplexed that you've bought a ST and then not used it at all but that's very unlikely. There will be a few new sign ups - sure. But i suspect most fans share these days share with people who are already A+ members from previous seasons, family members or close friends - and thats the plan when they buy the ticket - given how many there are and how used to it how it works (its been in place for 5 years or so now).

Surely one of the people who you share your ticket with or the people you go with @amexer are members by now ?
The holder would still need to attend at least 5 games personally to hit 25% minimum (13.4 excludes other attendees)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a ST in the North Stand that I am going to use for the 1st time this season on Thursday. I've sold it on the ticket exchange every time it was possible, but it isn't always possible, so it has gone empty a few times. I bought 3 x 1901 ST through my company a couple of years ago, but the club won't transfer the loyalty points (built up since day 1 at the Amex with plenty of away tickets) from the NS ticket to one of the 1901 seats. So if I don't renew that seat, I will lose them all, and if I'd have done that last year, I wouldn't have been able to go to Marseille and Ajax.

It seems a ridiculous system to me, as there would presumably be plenty of buyers for that North Stand ST, but no way am I giving it up and losing all the points.
You say you can’t transfer the loyalty points to the 1901 ticket (which presumably means transferring the points from one FAN number to another). What if the FAN number associated with the North stand ticket buys the 1901 ticket from you? As far as I know the loyalty points pertain to the FAN number, and not the person, so in theory they should be carried over?

I say buy, you’d simply transfer it to yourself for free.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Am I correct in assuming that if you want to share your ST that person has to be a Albion+ type member that YOU have to pay ££ for or does that person apply and pay themselves and link their membership to your ST?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The holder would still need to attend at least 5 games personally to hit 25% minimum (13.4 excludes other attendees)
Bit hard to attend 4.75 games 😎
Am I correct in assuming that if you want to share your ST that person has to be a Albion+ type member that YOU have to pay ££ for or does that person apply and pay themselves and link their membership to your ST?
You pay the £20 to make the ticket shareable. When you want to share a ticket, they need to be on your F&F list, then you can share via the ticket site. You'll then get an e-mail with a ticket link on and you send it on to them

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You say you can’t transfer the loyalty points to the 1901 ticket (which presumably means transferring the points from one FAN number to another). What if the FAN number associated with the North stand ticket buys the 1901 ticket from you? As far as I know the loyalty points pertain to the FAN number, and not the person, so in theory they should be carried over?

I say buy, you’d simply transfer it to yourself for free.
Hmm. I wonder, that might work. The club certainly didn't suggest anything like that when I spoke to them about it though. It was very much computer says no.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

If you are have a concession ticket you can share with anyone (it's been said on here), don't know how that works though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hmm. I wonder, that might work. The club certainly didn't suggest anything like that when I spoke to them about it though. It was very much computer says no.
Worth a punt I guess.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If you are have a concession ticket you can share with anyone (it's been said on here), don't know how that works though.
Yes. Its really easy. I often share an u21 ticket. You log into the ST account, click upgrade, pay the extra (its £15-30 or so depending on the Category fixture). You are then emailed a mobile ticket - that you can share with "anyone". - they don't have to be a A+ member.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If its the first time you've shared your ticket this season then you get that first share for free. But yes - assuming its an adult sharing with an adult - then they have to be a A+ member and they also have to be in your Friends/Family list. If its a concession / upgrade (eg: An u21 to an adult) then you have to pay the difference in price - but can then share with anyone (they don't have to be an A+ member. )

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So are you saying if somebody was Albion+ member for 2022/23 season you can share a ticket with them even if they didn't sign up for 2023/24 Albion+

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So are you saying if somebody was Albion+ member for 2022/23 season you can share a ticket with them even if they didn't sign up for 2023/24 Albion+
no. It doesn't work like that.

Just wondering how people share tickets now (I know @amexer often asks about this) and how it works for people. My sense FWIW is that there are of course far more A+ members now, that the club sharing scheme is now pretty normal given we're 5 years in and given that people pay by DD then there are more members in people's friends and family circle who are members year in year out (cos they automatically renew)..

But of course there will be some hold outs (don't want to pay and frustrated that its not free to share, A+ membership is too expensive, . and maybe think its too complicated, or seek alternative - non sanctioned - ways to pass on tickets. )

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
no. It doesn't work like that.

Just wondering how people share tickets now (I know @amexer often asks about this) and how it works for people. My sense FWIW is that there are of course far more A+ members now, that the club sharing scheme is now pretty normal given we're 5 years in and given that people pay by DD then there are more members in people's friends and family circle who are members year in year out (cos they automatically renew)..

But of course there will be some hold outs (don't want to pay and frustrated that its not free to share, A+ membership is too expensive, . and maybe think its too complicated, or seek alternative - non sanctioned - ways to pass on tickets. )
That fine, I didnt think there was a loophole

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here