Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Recall Duffy ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And what will he offer for the other 99% of the match? ??? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, he's a big, throw himself in front of the ball, no BS defender, which was great under CH, but he doesn't fit into Potter's ball playing philosophy. I'd rather Potter brings in a decent defensive coach to cut out these costly errors than bring back a player that doesn't fit into the managers plans bar when the opposition has a set piece.

Coming on in games like today with 15 mins to go when you are holding on to a narrow lead. Getting you 3 points as opposed to 1 point is what he might bring you in such circumstances. So for me it is Massive YES.

But times move on. It won't happen. So the defenders at hand will just need to get better at seeing out games when in the lead.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Duffy would add nothing to our current defence, we have to accept they must improve. White was at fault for both goals today a Dunk made an error on the 2nd.

No I don’t want to go back but why with the size of our back men do we stuffed so often. Or do I need to check stats here

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Duffy is clueless passing the ball out of defence

This.

Comedy weakness playing the ball out of defence, taking his eye off the ball, etc. A prince in the 6 yard box and a jester elsewhere.

We concede too many at present but they aren't comedy goals. Today the second was a fluke from a Dunk flick over that practically smashed off the Hammer's player's face. Shit happens. :shrug:

However neither you nor I nor anyone have any traction with those who look at the league table, conclude 'shite' and recommend 'get rid'. Breath, wast of. :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No I don’t want to go back but why with the size of our back men do we stuffed so often. Or do I need to check stats here

I can only assume poor coaching is the issue or potentially bad discipline, Sanchez was very close to saving the first goal so on a positive he saw the initial mistake in my

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Recall Duffy ?

gettyimages-82240523.jpg

Nah, pissed Solly off with her warbling during the half-time oranges.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
If we play three at the back...do they ALL have to be able to dribble past opponents?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If we can, we should. It’s a relegation battle and we may need him for the final 15 minutes of games to defend leads. Let’s face it, none of our other defenders are capable of doing so.
100% this.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Other stats would not have been so good but we'd be better at defending set pieces with Duffy. A Duffy coming off the bench 2nd half yesterday may have got us over the line for 3 points.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont know if anyones been keeping up, but Duffy has not been doing so well at Celtic. i dont think a recall to sulk around as a bit part super-sub is going to be very helpful for him or us.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
i dont know if anyones been keeping up, but Duffy has not been doing so well at Celtic. i dont think a recall to sulk around as a bit part super-sub is going to be very helpful for him or us.
It's an absolute shitshow at Celtic this season.

I really would read very little into how Duffy is getting on up there.

We'd do well to get him out now even if we don't want him, to protect any sort of future transfer fee we might get (unless his contract is up this year).

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here