Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Recall Duffy ?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
We dropped an absolute bomb not selling Duffy in the summer. We could realistically have received £10-£15m for him, now it's probably half that (if we're lucky).

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I 'read' that West Ham and West Brom were interested, but you're right, it could have been b0llocks.
If we didn't sell White to Leeds for £25 mil (or whatever it was), then I can see why we didn't want West Ham or West Brom to have Duffy for 10.

Although in refusing to do so I guess we were implicitly acknowledging the role he could play in keeping a side up.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dropping from the starting line up for the old firm game today

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Came on after a stupid last man challenge got Bitton sent off. Straight on with a big clearing header from a set piece [emoji102]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Came on after a stupid last man challenge got Bitton sent off. Straight on with a big clearing header from a set piece [emoji102]

Of course. A team would never concede a goal from a set piece with Shane Duffy in the lineup.

Please go on with the story. What happened next?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Of course. A team would never concede a goal from a set piece with Shane Duffy in the lineup.

But arguably less likely with him playing, especially with Dunk next to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

What happened next ? Rangers took a corner that hit a Celtic player and went in for an Own goal.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
A nervous prod out of defence from Shane Duffy goes straight to Ryan Kent but the Celtic defender recovers to get in the way of the incoming shot.

"He just looks like a bag of nerves Shane Duffy, a player devoid of confidence."

What the hell happened?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
There are two other ex Brighton centre halves on the pitch that look better than Shane does at the mo.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A nervous prod out of defence from Shane Duffy goes straight to Ryan Kent but the Celtic defender recovers to get in the way of the incoming shot.

"He just looks like a bag of nerves Shane Duffy, a player devoid of confidence."

What the hell happened?

Devoid of confidence you say? we have eleven players in our team who know exactly how he feels.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

What the hell happened?

A dicey turn of phrase for that fixture! :ohmy:

:)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For me it boils down to the following;

Given Potter clearly sees White as a midfielder, is Duffy a better option at CB than Burn?

For me the answer to that has to be yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here