Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really not looking good for Wolves...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Blame the fans - notoriously fickle. From my understanding, the board had verbally agreed to employ Steve Bruce, but changed their mind due to online fan protests (they wanted a bigger manager). Living pretty near to Wolverhampton, I used to love going to Molineux to get my football fix especially during their Championship winning season when the atmosphere was great and the fans were supporting of 'Super Mick', but don't go anymore. I just can't sit through all that moaning.

They do seem to get rid of managers hastily there, they never should have got rid of McCarthy in the first place. The farcical process to replace him reflects poorly on all at the club.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I actually thought that was pretty funny. I think the players should get pelters if they aren't trying etc..
Let 'em have it!

Jimmy Grimble

Shocking how they can be where they are with some of the players they have got. Think they have Cardiff next. Hope they beat them

Bristol /Wolves and Huddersfield going down

You can get 5/2 on either Wolves or Huddersfield to go down. Barnsley are 11/4. If anyone had the balls to lay them a few weeks ago they'd be sitting pretty now, they were about 1/2 on if I remember correctly.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You can get 5/2 on either Wolves or Huddersfield to go down. Barnsley are 11/4. If anyone had the balls to lay them a few weeks ago they'd be sitting pretty now, they were about 1/2 on if I remember correctly.

Huddersfield look dead certs unless Robins can polish a turd

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

slightly off topic but regarding odds. 7/1 for Hull to win the title starting to look appealing

They play cardiff at Home the last game

Jimmy Grimble

Huddersfield look dead certs unless Robins can polish a turd

5/2 might not be bad then. Can you see their chances off survival increasing after their next 4 games?

Ipswich (H)
Burnley (A)
Brighton (A)
M'boro (H)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
5/2 might not be bad then. Can you see their chances off survival increasing after their next 4 games?

Ipswich (H)
Burnley (A)
Brighton (A)
M'boro (H)

Robins bound to get them going a bit and hopefully not against us but they are getting turned over heavy most weeks. 1 win in 16 or something and have no goals in them. Been dropping since they hit 2nd after about 8 games Nothing certain in this league though

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Robins bound to get them going a bit and hopefully not against us but they are getting turned over heavy most weeks. 1 win in 16 or something and have no goals in them. Been dropping since they hit 2nd after about 8 games Nothing certain in this league though

What happened to Beckford? He's not playing but can't see anything about him being injured

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
at least if they go down they can reproduce their "you've let us down again" banner

Every cloud.... :lolol:

Wolves are a fantastic example of sacking a manager for the sake of it and then replacing him with someone who hasn't got a clue about English football. Like Nottingham Forest with Steve McLaren last season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Every cloud.... :lolol:

Wolves are a fantastic example of sacking a manager for the sake of it and then replacing him with someone who hasn't got a clue about English football. Like Nottingham Forest with Steve McLaren last season.

In fairness we are forgetting Terry Connor's disastrous period as manager post-McCarthy.

Wolves will need to offload their big players this summer and replace them with bargain basement battlers to avoid financial meltdown even with the parachute payments still to come. Certainly some/too many of their premiership prima donnas are seemingly not prepared to perform at this level.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In fairness we are forgetting Terry Connor's disastrous period as manager post-McCarthy.

Wolves will need to offload their big players this summer and replace them with bargain basement battlers to avoid financial meltdown even with the parachute payments still to come. Certainly some/too many of their premiership prima donnas are seemingly not prepared to perform at this level.

To be honest, I just wanted to have a dig at Steve McLaren.

Their position really is a total shambles considering they sold a good £20million of players in the summer and replaced them with players who aren't as incompetant as the league table suggests. Doyle is a striker who threatens to score even less than CMS (I love the man, but it's a fair comparison) and some of the loan signings they've made have been so far beyond uninterested it's just embarassing. Steve Morgan probably doesn't sound as smug now as he did in the summer when he was bigging up their sales and the players they'd signed to replace them.

This would never have happened under Big Mick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here