Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistically, do you think OG will be given the green light to bring in......

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Shame that we've got a few players on decent wages who are contributing very little

Kemy
Brez/Casper
Hoskins
Conway

Bit harsh on Hoskins don't you think? Why don't you add that shirker, Craig Mackail-Smith, to your list? And what have Bridcutt and Orlandi done for us this season? Their wages could have been spent better elswhere!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nottingham Forests strikers

Simon Cox
Matt Derbyshire
Dexter Blackstock
Jamie Paterson
Marcus Tudgay
Ishmael Miller
Jamie Mackie
Darius Henderson

After our fixture I'm sure they'll let us have one if we ask nicely. I suggest Miller. Don't think he plays and he is MASSIVE.

I realise someone will now point out that all the excess strikers are injured or in jail or something....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Simon Cox
Matt Derbyshire
Dexter Blackstock
Jamie Paterson
Marcus Tudgay
Ishmael Miller
Jamie Mackie
Darius Henderson

After our fixture I'm sure they'll let us have one if we ask nicely. I suggest Miller. Don't think he plays and he is MASSIVE.

I realise someone will now point out that all the excess strikers are injured or in jail or something....

and they want to sign Sako!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Simon Cox
Matt Derbyshire
Dexter Blackstock
Jamie Paterson
Marcus Tudgay
Ishmael Miller
Jamie Mackie
Darius Henderson

It just shows we can't compete with the likes of Forest and their blatant flouting of the FFP rules. They get smaller crowds than us and don't get parachute payments, yet their budget seems to be massively more than ours.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The conveyor belt of players being signed by Forest just continues. It's not just the transfer fees but also their wages bill that must be escalating. How can they afford such a squad? It's not as if they have parachute payments or mega income from STs. Something isn't right, there is a bad odour around this. To the casual observer it seems as they could put a huge neon sign above the City ground saying 'we're spending the cash and we don't care' they couldn't make their flaunting of FFP more obvious.

I know there is a process for auditing their accounts under FFP when they are eventually published but a retrospective sanction seems perverse when they are just bulldozing their way past the other Championship clubs, especially those trying to comply with FFP. It would be interesting to do an unannounced audit and open their books right now to see if they are playing fairly? I think that would get the footie authorities a lot of street cred.

A win over Billy Davies at any time is sweet but if we get anything out of the game it will feel like a moral victory too, especially with our depleted squad and (alleged) adherence to FFP.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Aaron McLean?

As for the "flouting of the FFP" at Forest. Surely, they are merely accepting the financial penalty that is inevitably coming their way. It's not that you are prevented from over-spending, it is just that it comes with a fine that gets distributed to those who have played within the regulations.

I would say Forest have weighed it up and decided the financial penalty, on top of the cost of their squad is all still worth it, if it gets them into the Prem.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The conveyor belt of players being signed by Forest just continues. It's not just the transfer fees but also their wages bill that must be escalating. How can they afford such a squad? It's not as if they have parachute payments or mega income from STs. Something isn't right, there is a bad odour around this. To the casual observer it seems as they could put a huge neon sign above the City ground saying 'we're spending the cash and we don't care' they couldn't make their flaunting of FFP more obvious.

I know there is a process for auditing their accounts under FFP when they are eventually published but a retrospective sanction seems perverse when they are just bulldozing their way past the other Championship clubs, especially those trying to comply with FFP. It would be interesting to do an unannounced audit and open their books right now to see if they are playing fairly? I think that would get the footie authorities a lot of street cred.

A win over Billy Davies at any time is sweet but if we get anything out of the game it will feel like a moral victory too, especially with our depleted squad and (alleged) adherence to FFP.

Any team that goes up breaking FFP should be automatically relegated at the end of the season the accounts show this up and fined all the Premier League money they have received.

You either do FFP properly or not at all.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009

Simon Cox
Matt Derbyshire
Dexter Blackstock
Jamie Paterson
Marcus Tudgay
Ishmael Miller
Jamie Mackie
Darius Henderson

Dexter Blackstock for me. One of the best headers of the ball in the division (he's no Ulloa, but he'll do). Due to the competition for places at Forest, he's hardly getting a game at the moment either.

I don't think it will be a Forest player that will be the next forward we sign though. At a guess, I can see our next arrival being a bit-part player from a Premier League side that has just come up.

Maybe one of:

Nick Proschwitz
Aaron McLean
Joe Mason
Rudy Gestede
Tommy Smith

But please, please not Aaron Wilbraham :ffsparr:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Agreed. I'll laugh my socks off if they fail to go up again this season. Other than that purple patch at Derby a few years back, Davies promotion/play-off record reads: close but no cigar. But one thing you've got to respect him for. Rain or shine, he's always got a beaming smile on his face :smokin:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We are busy spunking stupid amounts of money on

- digital advertising hoardings that don't work properly(£1million spent on them and they only display in blue)
- painting concourse floors all blue (pointless)
- new dug out seats (pointless)
- laying 3g turf around the pitch (pointless)

I wonder how much that lot cost? As much as a new striker me thinks.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Aaron McLean?

As for the "flouting of the FFP" at Forest. Surely, they are merely accepting the financial penalty that is inevitably coming their way. It's not that you are prevented from over-spending, it is just that it comes with a fine that gets distributed to those who have played within the regulations.

I would say Forest have weighed it up and decided the financial penalty, on top of the cost of their squad is all still worth it, if it gets them into the Prem.

Any team that goes up breaking FFP should be automatically relegated at the end of the season the accounts show this up and fined all the Premier League money they have received.

You either do FFP properly or not at all.

I can't see FFP acting as any sort of deterrent for 4 or 5 years, if ever.

The fact that we have been brainwashed into believing FFP is the origin of pretty well every negative decision at the club is more a factor of spin imo. That's not to say TB shouldn't have more disciplined financial management, I suspect it all got a bit Gung Ho with the move, but trotting out FFP continually is tiresome.

Many in the Championship simply don't have the money anyway, so FFP is something of an irrelevance. Some like Forest do, and we might but it appears TB has chosen to reign in. I can only assume that our almost zero net activity (cost in v cost out) means that there are some obscene costs elsewhere to deal with or maybe the training ground and Amex extension are tugging on TB's finances.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Aaron McLean?

I agree that Forest appear to have factored in acceptance of whatever fine will come their way under FFP as part of the cost of buying their way to the Prem, knowing the windfall they receive when they get there will make that fine look insignificant. That all seems perverse and no incentive to do the right thing. Of course it also assumes that the footie authorities will have the balls to apply the sanctions in the first place and won't get thrown out on some legal challenge.

Anyway - I haven't forgotten this is a thread about us bringing in a loan striker - maybe that nice Billy Davies will loan us one of his spares.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here