Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic transfer targets?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
What is the matter with you people - The transfer money is spent on wages not to buy the player. It makes sense to get players free or out of contract, we might spend 1-2 M every now and then but we have never been big spenders and won't be until we get premier money to spend.

You can't spend £6M on say 3 players and then pay them £20k a week each we would be bust by the end of the season - you do the maths

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Can we sign someone who is horrible, a bully, pisses off players and home crowds....All our players seem to be nice.......We need one or two Nolans, dioufs, or Roberts.....

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Never thought I'd change my mind on this, but Zamora would be a perfect hold up player for CMS and/or O'Grady.Might not hit the net so often, but 'Arry has said he's just a bench player at QPR.

Elliot.............could run down the wing for me again.

Even Hammond would improve our team

3 ex Albion men who would get some sort of welcome at the Amex.

No ?

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Oh and we are expected to belive most people have? Sorry if I dont follow Dutch football. I don't expect 95% of Dutch people have heard of Rushden & Diamonds.

Actually would have thought most football fans. We played them in a friendly to start with and had a good following there in 1981, not that it was that friendly. Top division Dutch side not the best. Pretty notorious for their fans. Can't really compare to Rushden & Diamonds,

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Who is he?

He's the tavern owner in Oostkanters who was struck dead with a bronze bust of the namesake of the pub he ran, Koningin Willhelmina. He's known as Vuile Den and in fact was killed off many years before when shot by an innocent-looking black-leather-glove-wearing chap carrying a bunch of tulips, but returned again as kaal as a coot.

DavePage

Can’t seeing us buying anyone on our hit list, no matter how much money we have in the bank.
Anyone with Prem experience costing millions is going to be out of our pay structure and that is always going to be the problem.
So until we get to the premiership we are going to have to trust our scouting of unknown names (to us), and out of contract players nearing the end our their career.
We just have to hope that we keep finding gems.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
One of the SSN journo's, Graeme Bailey I think, reported it a couple of days ago. I foolishly believed it because he's a 'Boro fan.

No you're right he is a Boro fan and recent reports have been saying that Boro are allegedly close to a deal.

I spotted on twitter though that Wolves, Forest , Derby and us are trying to do a Burnley on them.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Agree with the rest, but Hammond? No. Beyond ordinary when he was last here.
He was not the reason that Leicester were promoted.

Shearer highlighted him on MOTD last night as making the difference for Leicester in the 2nd half :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here