Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC signings for next season?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Selling Bissouma (45 mill)
Propper 8-10 mil
Ryan 5 mill
Duffy 3-4 mill
Jahangbaksh 7-10 mill
Connolly loan
Walton free
Just for starters we could certainly see a large refresh of the squad. This would produce much needed funds for 3-4 players and removes a chunk off the wage bill. Lots of things to sort out. I just hope if we do sell Bissouma it becomes a total fist fight bewteen the big boys pushing price sky high.

Apart from Bissouma and Pröpper, I think it will be hard to get that kind of money. But hopefully some will leave, the squad is too big.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I just hope that we are able keep Ben White for another season. I don't think most of us realise how good he's been for us this season.
I'm resigned to us losing Bissouma.

Very much agree with you. I've really been impressed by White and am confident he will continue to improve. Biss looks like the one who will go (if you believe the rumours) and ironically Lamptey due to being injured for much of the second half of the season will hopefully at least be with us next year too. I was concerned that he could have been a potential departure too but expect him to be here next season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hopefully we keep Ben White, and Bissouma. We then need 4 signings.... a goalkeeper, left back, winger, and striker. Striker being the absolute priority. Sell Propper, Ryan, Jahanbaksh, Duffy, and whoever else wont get game time.

White is an ideal Graham Potter player and absolutely perfect in a back 3, so I agree. I don't think we'd miss Bissouma as much though based on our performances in the 2 league games he was suspended.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
White is an ideal Graham Potter player and absolutely perfect in a back 3, so I agree. I don't think we'd miss Bissouma as much though based on our performances in the 2 league games he was suspended.

Leeds will be back in for White for sure. I don't see White wearing blue and white by August.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leeds will be back in for White for sure. I don't see White wearing blue and white by August.

No chance - they replaced White with a German international who cost half as much and is now twice as good ..... and Bielsa's a genius. Haven't you been paying attention?

(threads are available where they have explained this to us).

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The only way White goes to Leeds is if they somehow scrape into Europe, a scenario I do not see playing out (although at this moment it is still mathematically possible). Otherwise it'll be to one of the big clubs (if they want him and meet our valuation).

My suspicion is we have three more games of Bissouma in a Brighton shirt before he moves on, and I think Moder has been signed as his replacement.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Daryl Dyke at Barnsley on loan if they don't go up.
They have an option to buy at £20 million I think but he is the type of player who would suit our style of play.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
The only way White goes to Leeds is if they somehow scrape into Europe, a scenario I do not see playing out (although at this moment it is still mathematically possible). Otherwise it'll be to one of the big clubs (if they want him and meet our valuation).

My suspicion is we have three more games of Bissouma in a Brighton shirt before he moves on, and I think Moder has been signed as his replacement.

I don't see Bissouma having anymore game time. He wont be risked.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
White's new deal means he's going nowhere except for an eye watering sum .... I can't see it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Ben White leaves it won’t be for Leeds.

This. We turned down 30m for him last summer when unproven at this level, and he's been excellent, particularly once Sanchez came into the team to make up for the fact that White isn't the sort of player that will dominate the box aerially. He's the type of intelligent, ball-playing defender that Potter loves. If he does get sold, it'll be for a fee far greater than a team like Leeds can afford to pay.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KFFOTFabao

Swedish media reported yesterday that Spartak Moscow has put a £14m price tag on Jordan Larsson (Henriks son) and that he is followed by West Ham and Borussia Dortmund among others. Quick, technical and clever, and also left-footed which I imagine is considered a plus since there's very few of those in the team.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Swedish media reported yesterday that Spartak Moscow has put a £14m price tag on Jordan Larsson (Henriks son) and that he is followed by West Ham and Borussia Dortmund among others. Quick, technical and clever, and also left-footed which I imagine is considered a plus since there's very few of those in the team.

He also outperforms his Xg’s. Could very be the clinical striker that we’re needing.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Won Spartak’s player of the season award earlier today. Also shared many of the same traits as Nico Gonzalez, so wouldn’t be massively surprised if we get linked at some point.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I see Celtic are basically resigned to Kristoffer Ajer leaving the club, and would likely be around £15m. Would be a cracking piece of business if we end up needing another CB this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here