Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC signings for next season?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It will be Charlie Austin on a free, I reckon.

6’1
Shithouse
31 years old

Antics

Austin was found guilty of assault in 2013 after he punched a man who had accused him of taking drugs in a Swindon nightclub toilet cubicle.[58] He was fined £1,800 and ordered to pay £1,320 in costs

We are constantly told we are too nice, time to relax the NDP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would grab the Genk guy and be happy if nobody else came in. Couple of squad players wages off the books. Keep who we want to. Perfect transfer window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
- Naylor has written an article ( a while back ) on how we are looking to recruit a left sided defender.

- We'll need a GK with Ryan and Walton going.

- Obviously a striker.

- Possibly another attacker if Jahanbakhsh and Izquierdo move on.

4 signings, maximum + any U23 singings for the future.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
- Naylor has written an article ( a while back ) on how we are looking to recruit a left sided defender.

- Obviously a striker.

It is likely to be just 3 or 4 signings for the first team, probably some bargains similar to Veltmans fee for a very experienced player. I don't think we will spend big (over £10m) for any player except a striker if we can find a gem. We will certainly sign a few more teenagers with huge potential

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It is likely to be just 3 or 4 signings for the first team, probably some bargains similar to Veltmans fee for a very experienced player. I don't think we will spend big (over £10m) for any player except a striker if we can find a gem. We will certainly sign a few more teenagers with huge potential

Very much this. A £69m loss last season clearly will focus minds and we need to get that down to a more manageable level which is why I can see a couple of big sales this summer, sadly Ben White being the most likely. If if helps get our debts down then I'm all for it.

One or two promising youngsters for a small outlay is all I would expect this summer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very much this. A £69m loss last season clearly will focus minds and we need to get that down to a more manageable level which is why I can see a couple of big sales this summer, sadly Ben White being the most likely. If if helps get our debts down then I'm all for it.

One or two promising youngsters for a small outlay is all I would expect this summer.
And we have Østigård to bring in to replace White. Or Clarke. Or both if Burn goes as well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Just three or four signings for the first team - three or four players that are an improvement on what we've got (if they're not, they wouldn't be for the first team) - that'll cost a fortune! Can't see it myself - and the idea of finding four Veltman type bargains in one transfer window is fantasy.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Just three or four signings for the first team - three or four players that are an improvement on what we've got (if they're not, they wouldn't be for the first team) - that'll cost a fortune! Can't see it myself - and the idea of finding four Veltman type bargains in one transfer window is fantasy.

Not at all what I was suggesting...I think we will have a similar summer to last year when we signed Veltman, Lallana, Moder, Karbownik, Welbeck & Zeqiri. 6 singings for the first team. I think we will have a quieter summer than last year and will only spend big (£10m+) on one transfer and only if we feel they represent value as a long term asset.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

Unless we sell Bissouma for big money.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

- Obviously a striker.

That's exactly how I see it. & given that we could see Jahanbakhsh, Izquierdo, Propper, Ryan, and Locadia move on permanently there's opportunity to balance the books on the incomings.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It will be Charlie Austin on a free, I reckon.

6’1
Shithouse
31 years old

Antics

Austin was found guilty of assault in 2013 after he punched a man who had accused him of taking drugs in a Swindon nightclub toilet cubicle.[58] He was fined £1,800 and ordered to pay £1,320 in costs

We are constantly told we are too nice, time to relax the NDP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we all remember what his former strike partner at Swindon was like when the Albion singed him . . . Barn Door Billy.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If we're clever we can have a cheap window and get players in who improve us. There's enough scope on outgoings to balance out transfer fees & wages for incomings. We could see some of Jahanbaksh, Propper, Izquierdo, Ryan, Locadia, and Andone moving on. There's also the possibility of Ben White moving on & being replaced by Ositgard or Clarke. Its going to be a juggling act for our recruitment/sales department but no reason why we cant bring in some quality for the first team.

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Chris Wood would surely be worth a look as an affordable signing. 12, 14 and 10 goals in his last 3 seasons at Burnley is a good record in a team that doesn't score many or create many chances. I'd rather spend 10 million or so on seeing how he'd get on with all the chances we create than spend 20 million plus on another flop from Europe's lesser leagues

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Chris Wood would surely be worth a look as an affordable signing. 12, 14 and 10 goals in his last 3 seasons at Burnley is a good record in a team that doesn't score many or create many chances. I'd rather spend 10 million or so on seeing how he'd get on with all the chances we create than spend 20 million plus on another flop from Europe's lesser leagues

Why would they sell him?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I just hope that we are able keep Ben White for another season. I don't think most of us realise how good he's been for us this season.
I'm resigned to us losing Bissouma.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Hopefully we keep Ben White, and Bissouma. We then need 4 signings.... a goalkeeper, left back, winger, and striker. Striker being the absolute priority. Sell Propper, Ryan, Jahanbaksh, Duffy, and whoever else wont get game time.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You really think Burnley would sell the man that keeps them earning £100m plus a season for a measly £10m ???

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Hopefully we keep Ben White, and Bissouma. We then need 4 signings.... a goalkeeper, left back, winger, and striker. Striker being the absolute priority. Sell Propper, Ryan, Jahanbaksh, Duffy, and whoever else wont get game time.

Selling Bissouma (45 mill)
Propper 8-10 mil
Ryan 5 mill
Duffy 3-4 mill
Jahangbaksh 7-10 mill
Connolly loan
Walton free
Just for starters we could certainly see a large refresh of the squad. This would produce much needed funds for 3-4 players and removes a chunk off the wage bill. Lots of things to sort out. I just hope if we do sell Bissouma it becomes a total fist fight bewteen the big boys pushing price sky high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here