Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Poor form from the club.

Clubs ticket exchange would work if they released cheaper prices first so we may get to sell out . The way blocks are released does nothing for the ticket exchange.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

It's not even about releasing cheaper tickets first. Release all available tickets at once so people can make choices because some people will still prefer the location of the more expensive ones.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Won't the club lose out on this too? If less seats are filled, then less food/drink/merchandise etc will be sold

Exactly , the revenue streams will start to turn into a trickle.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But it will drive people to buy more tickets from the club rather than getting them from fans who can't go. End result, more money for the club.

I'm not convinced this will happen. I buy tickets on the NSC exchange because I can't go to Saturday matches and so it's not worth getting a season ticket and I refuse to pay £34 for a ticket. The result of closing down the NSC exchange will be me going to less matches. OK the club don't make money from my ticket purchase but they do from the pies and pints I buy once at the ground. Thankfully I know a few people who are willing to break the law so I might be OK BUT it will certainly mean less money from my pocket going into the club.

The club can solve the problem by authorising NSC to advertise the re-sell tickets. I still want to know who raised this - I'd bet a fair amount that it was the club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Surely the tickets wanted section can continue. Then it is up to people to arrange there own deals by PM or phone. Surely nothing illegal in that. How will the club know? Ask 26,000 for ID to match the ticket on match days?

A new section for Ticket Information allowing "I'm thinking of going to ........... match. Does anybody know if there are tickets available from the club? Send me a PM please" would get around pissing the club off.

I understand (in a way) why they're doing it but surely the number of tickets exchanged on NSC are miniscule? Our club is rapidly changing and feels less and less like what we were fighting for all those years ago :(

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I'm not convinced this will happen. I buy tickets on the NSC exchange because I can't go to Saturday matches and so it's not worth getting a season ticket and I refuse to pay £34 for a ticket. The result of closing down the NSC exchange will be me going to less matches. OK the club don't make money from my ticket purchase but they do from the pies and pints I buy once at the ground. Thankfully I know a few people who are willing to break the law so I might be OK BUT it will certainly mean less money from my pocket going into the club.

The club can solve the problem by authorising NSC to advertise the re-sell tickets. I still want to know who raised this - I'd bet a fair amount that it was the club.

Good points. Not sure if that is how the club sees it though. Might not be the club though you would think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] would have said so by now if it wasn't

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Good points. Not sure if that is how the club sees it though. Might not be the club though you would think @Bozza would have said so by now if it wasn't

Hmmmm ...... I smell a rat ! This could of course be one of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's windups - hence why it's been moved to an almost unread area of the board ??? You'd think it would be a sticky on the main board AND that Bozza would have told the whole story by now if it was real !

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
how about:

I cannot make the game this weekend, and am therefore willing to pass on my season ticket in the north stand free of charge to the first responder. Unfortunatley as i have previously stated i cannot make the game, so will have to post you the ticket, i estimate POSTAGE AND PACKAGING will be about £20.50, however as previously stated the ticket is free of charge.

Sounds reasonable to me!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Football has changed, do you not think the bean counters would not have looked at the profit margins before making this decision. I am sure they are really worried because a few tight arses will not pay a few extra quid for a ticket or not buy a pie. What are you lot going to do if we get in the premiership. Do you not think tickets prices will go through the roof.
Like I said the club must have looked at this and decided that they are losing money by letting people sale on their STs. Only time will tell.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Football has changed, do you not think the bean counters would not have looked at the profit margins before making this decision. I am sure they are really worried because a few tight arses will not pay a few extra quid for a ticket or not buy a pie. What are you lot going to do if we get in the premiership. Do you not think tickets prices will go through the roof.
Like I said the club must have looked at this and decided that they are losing money by letting people sale on their STs. Only time will tell.

Given we can't even sell out currently I'd suggest those bean counters have got it wrong - as is always the case of bean counters when they are allowed to dictate business decisions. I'm not sure I'd call the difference between £20 and £34 "a few extra quid" ! If that's the way the club want to take it so be it but many of us have other things we either need or want to spend our money on and I'm sure I'm not alone in cutting back on my visits if they follow that route. I'll also be cutting back on the merchandise I buy as I won't be able to afford to take my two boys nearly as often and so getting them addicted to the Albion will be harder so they'll ask for presents that aren't Albion merchandise.

Thankfully there's plenty of people out there willing to break this so called "law".

EDIT - I'll add that I've taken the anti-Paul Barber threads and posts with a pinch of salt before now but if this is his doing then the bloke is a grade A wanker.

That said, I still don't think the above has actually happened - if it has why is @Bozza still breaking the law by allowing tickets to be sold on NSC right now? It's a wind up !

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Given we can't even sell out currently I'd suggest those bean counters have got it wrong. I'm not sure I'd call the difference between £20 and £34 "a few extra quid" ! If that's the way the club want to take it so be it but many of us have other things we either need or want to spend our money on and I'm sure I'm not alone in cutting back on my visits if they follow that route. I'll also be cutting back on the merchandise I buy as I won't be able to afford to take my two boys nearly as often and so getting them addicted to the Albion will be harder so they'll ask for presents that aren't Albion merchandise.

It would be hard to sell out, if you have to watch STHs take what revenue you could get. If for arguments sake 1000 STHs decided that they could not attend a match and sold them on here, what profit is the club getting? None. Also we would have unsold seats because the 1000, extras people that would have attended, have come on a ST that is already counted. I do not know for one minute how many tickets are sold on by STHs over a season, but what I do know if the business belonged to any of you on here, you would not be happy. The way forward would be for the club to have all seats that are not being used on match day including STHs and let the people who want to pay for them on a match day have a choice of where they want to sit and take a commission if they sale your seat

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That said, I still don't think the above has actually happened - if it has why is @Bozza still breaking the law by allowing tickets to be sold on NSC right now? It's a wind up !

Bozza owns NSC and in the eyes of the law he would be held responsible for touting (even if tickets are sold at a profit , face value or given away). Other football forums around the UK with ticket exchanges are in the same boat if the letter of the law has to be observed.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This is a dark week for the tone our club seems to want to take in the future.

Profiteering at the expense of customers is clearly the motivator here.

1. sell expensive seats before allowing access to cheaper areas

2. Completely reject safe standing because it may lose revenue (even though people may be prepared to pay the same)

3. Prevent fans from reselling unused tickets.

Whoever is making these decisions has lost the plot. Short term profiteering will not deliver long term revenue, it will drive it away. Developing and improving the customers experience in a fair way will increase loyalty and long term revenue benefit. Simple stuff that any decent brand understands.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Bozza owns NSC and in the eyes of the law he would be held responsible for touting (even if tickets are sold at a profit , face value or given away). Other football forums around the UK with ticket exchanges are in the same boat if the letter of the law has to be observed.

My point exactly - you can still buy tickets on NSC right NOW !

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Given we can't even sell out currently I'd suggest those bean counters have got it wrong. I'm not sure I'd call the difference between £20 and £34 "a few extra quid" ! If that's the way the club want to take it so be it but many of us have other things we either need or want to spend our money on and I'm sure I'm not alone in cutting back on my visits if they follow that route. I'll also be cutting back on the merchandise I buy as I won't be able to afford to take my two boys nearly as often and so getting them addicted to the Albion will be harder so they'll ask for presents that aren't Albion merchandise.

It would be hard to sell out, if you have to watch STHs take what revenue you could get. If for arguments sake 1000 STHs decided that they could not attend a match and sold them on here, what profit is the club getting? None. Also we would have unsold seats because the 1000, extras people that would have attended, have come on a ST that is already counted. I do not know for one minute how many tickets are sold on by STHs over a season, but what I do know if the business belonged to any of you on here, you would not be happy. The way forward would be for the club to have all seats that are not being used on match day including STHs and let the people who want to pay for them on a match day have a choice of where they want to sit and take a commission if they sale your seat

The flip of what you say is sth don't renew because they don't get value if they can't attend. Attendances then fall. Keeping the level of st sales should be of paramount importance to the business model of the club. Once st sales drop our attendances will crash you mark my words.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I will never sell on my season ticket for games I cant make again, I will ,however, be willing to sell the company of my mates for 90 minutes and throw in the ticket as a gift. Or is there a law against that too?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I will never sell on my season ticket for games I cant make again, I will ,however, be willing to sell the company of my mates for 90 minutes and throw in the ticket as a gift. Or is there a law against that too?

Unbelievable YES. You can't even give a ticket as a gift.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am obviously simple minded but doesnt the club's boast that you can pass your 1901 Club ticket to anyone you please and the club will facilitate it by printing a ticket rather fly in the face of the legal situation as quoted?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I am obviously simple minded but doesnt the club's boast that you can pass your 1901 Club ticket to anyone you please and the club will facilitate it by printing a ticket rather fly in the face of the legal situation as quoted?

No , because the club authorises it. A season ticket or match ticket doesn't have the same permissions.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is a dark week for the tone our club seems to want to take in the future.

Profiteering at the expense of customers is clearly the motivator here.

1. sell expensive seats before allowing access to cheaper areasAgree with this

2. Completely reject safe standing because it may lose revenue (even though people may be prepared to pay the same)have they rejected it completely out of hand? I thought his response referred to the current situation/legislation and the fact they have only just built falmer and are installing additional seating. Reference to safety certificate, planning permission, additional travel complications or did you not actually read his response just because you're not getting your own way!

3. Prevent fans from reselling unused tickets.Bozza has still not stated whether or not it was the club that either advised him of the problems in relation to the law or someone else

Whoever is making these decisions has lost the plot. Short term profiteering will not deliver long term revenue, it will drive it away. Developing and improving the customers experience in a fair way will increase loyalty and long term revenue benefit. Simple stuff that any decent brand understands.

Seems to me people are jumping on absolutely every little thing to slag of the club. Could this be the hangover from last Saturday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports