Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ - sick - but back on bench soon

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Telegraph is now reporting that our players think he'll leave this summer to go back to Italy.

The article alludes to a lack of control re transfers

Do many clubs give their managers control over the transfers?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do many clubs give their managers control over the transfers?
Not anymore because they have coaches not managers generally. And given how short a managers tenure is, signing a bunch of ‘their’ players , manager leaves new manager in who decides the old managers players don’t fit etc

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, I now don't know what to worry about first - RDZ missing tomorrow's match, Covid spreading around the squad, RDZ leaving at the end of the season or whether I'm turning into Ted Lasso whenever I call in sick for work.
Can’t you just crack on now with covid? I guess the worry would be symptoms. Only those wanting to work from home do covid tests in the main 😜

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Can’t you just crack on now with covid? I guess the worry would be symptoms. Only those wanting to work from home do covid tests in the main 😜
Legally yes you can. Not sure it would be a great plan to deliberately expose our entire squad to someone who has it though.

Sounds a bit Leedsy to me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Legally yes you can. Not sure it would be a great plan to deliberately expose our entire squad to someone who has it though.

Sounds a bit Leedsy to me.
Yeh I was tongue in cheek - of course with vulnerable people you should still be safe, but so many at the mo seem to suddenly check so they can work from home when they want to (my personal experience the last few months)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Yeh I was tongue in cheek - of course with vulnerable people you should still be safe, but so many at the mo seem to suddenly check so they can work from home when they want to (my personal experience the last few months)
I would prefer a few more people faked covid to work from home to all those "heroes" who bravely soldier in to work to spread their germs around.

Feckin twunts at work infected me last month so I had to miss the Palace and Grimsby games.

Not you obviously but the memory does still get me writing Internet essays which shows how angry I still am.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I doubt we will be guessing about Veltman playing ….I’d wager done for the season
Hopefully this news suggests he will ply again this season:

‘Joel Veltman was substituted against Wolves on Saturday after 65 minutes and is unlikely to be available to face United’

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of covid about at the moment. Can't have that spreading through the squad right now.

Would that be the harmless sub variant of Omicron? Covered on bbc tv this morning by a doctor, no concerns for the UK demographic at all. Only saying that if it makes over-75’s feel better wearing a mask, then do it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Telegraph is now reporting that our players think he'll leave this summer to go back to Italy.

The article alludes to a lack of control re transfers, the suggestion that Ali Mac and Moises are off, and interest from Inter.
Kids worrying that their parents might split up doesn’t mean they’re going to get a divorce.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Incorrect. I am still being monitored, and had a box of tests sent to me in March. I’m not quite 75 yet, but also had a booster last week.
Not all vulnerable people are ancient. Many people are having medical treatment that leaves them vulnerable as well as the immune compromised.

I know you were joking but some consideration is needed.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Would that be the harmless sub variant of Omicron? Covered on bbc tv this morning by a doctor, no concerns for the UK demographic at all. Only saying that if it makes over-75’s feel better wearing a mask, then do it.
That would be the ‘harmless sub variant of Omicron’ that I got going to the Palace game in March despite wearing a mask when in the inside concourse - 6 days in an isolation ward, on O2 with kidney and heart damage as well as it triggering gallbladder disease resulting in another 21 days in hospital. I have lasting effects including lung damage with severe breathlessness and it will be a struggle to walk up the concourse to the stands tomorrow. All that on top of the autoimmune disorders that made me vulnerable to start with because of immunosuppressant treatment.
( I’m nowhere near over 75 btw)

I don’t think people should mess around with it, we all know some very healthy people got extremely sick and not all PL footballers have even been vaccinated - don’t know whether that includes any at Brighton but it’s possible. Any of the squad or staff testing positive would socially distance imo - even cold/flu symptoms can undermine the performance of top athletes.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
That would be the ‘harmless sub variant of Omicron’ that I got going to the Palace game in March despite wearing a mask when in the inside concourse - 6 days in an isolation ward, on O2 with kidney and heart damage as well as it triggering gallbladder disease resulting in another 21 days in hospital. I have lasting effects including lung damage with severe breathlessness and it will be a struggle to walk up the concourse to the stands tomorrow. All that on top of the autoimmune disorders that made me vulnerable to start with because of immunosuppressant treatment.
( I’m nowhere near over 75 btw)

I don’t think people should mess around with it, we all know some very healthy people got extremely sick and not all PL footballers have even been vaccinated - don’t know whether that includes any at Brighton but it’s possible. Any of the squad or staff testing positive would socially distance imo - even cold/flu symptoms can undermine the performance of top athletes.

That sounds rough mate, all the best with your recovery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here