Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ - sick - but back on bench soon

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor reporting he's ill - but expected to be on bench for Man Utd. Press conference cancelled so we'll all be guessing about Ferguson and Veltman and injuries i imagine.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Naylor reporting he's ill - but expected to be on bench for Man Utd. Press conference cancelled so we'll all be guessing about Ferguson and Veltman and injuries i imagine.

I doubt we will be guessing about Veltman playing ….I’d wager done for the season

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Watching De Zerbi cam after the games you can see how animated he is and how he's constantly shouting instructions at his players. I've always wondered how much this actually changes how the players are playing at the time. We've coped well when he's had his touchline bans haven't we.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A lot of covid about at the moment. Can't have that spreading through the squad right now.
I doubt they would have said he was expected to be back tomorrow night if it was covid …..lot of those normal virus things going around as well ..i know from personal experience

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I doubt we will be guessing about Veltman playing ….I’d wager done for the season
That’s what I think as well. Such a shame but hopefully he’ll have European football to look forward to next season…. By golly we’ll need him,

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm sure he won't miss being asked to relive that Wembley defeat and sum up the feeling of us going all out for revenge.

As for team news, does it really matter? We seem to have a whole squad brimming with confidence and in good form.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
It might also be if it is cancelled with extremely short notice (eg if he had just come down with a case of the Croydon Coach Driver's) then the obligation is waived as too short a time to get a stand-in in.

Not that this was necessarily extremely short notice. No idea if it was or not.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm sure he won't miss being asked to relive that Wembley defeat and sum up the feeling of us going all out for revenge.

As for team news, does it really matter? We seem to have a whole squad brimming with confidence and in good form.
Nah. There's no 'depth' to the squad and the season is going to 'end horribly'. I read it on NSC, so it must be true :dunce:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Telegraph is now reporting that our players think he'll leave this summer to go back to Italy.

The article alludes to a lack of control re transfers, the suggestion that Ali Mac and Moises are off, and interest from Inter.

Last edited:

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Telegraph is now reporting that our players think he'll leave this summer to go back to Italy.

The article alludes to a lack of control re transfers, the suggestion that Ali Mac and Moises are off, and interest from Inter.
The piece:

"Brighton’s players fear that Roberto De Zerbi will not stay at the club beyond this season, amid serious interest from Italy in the 43-year-old.
De Zerbi has been consistently linked with Inter Milan in recent months and Telegraph Sport understands there is genuine concern within the Brighton squad that the coach will return to his native country at the end of this campaign."

Let's believe all this is true. So, there's some interest from Inter (and who wouldn't be interested in RDZ right now) and one player or two personally fear that this interest will make him go back to Italy. No interest from RDZ though. Everything the man has said has been the complete opposite, and he hasn't said anything of the like to the players, since those are just transcribed as their "fears". I obviously have no knowledge but from what he's said in the past and from your situation, it seems to me like you don't have to worry about him this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here