Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ - sick - but back on bench soon

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I would prefer a few more people faked covid to work from home to all those "heroes" who bravely soldier in to work to spread their germs around.

Feckin twunts at work infected me last month so I had to miss the Palace and Grimsby games.

Not you obviously but the memory does still get me writing Internet essays which shows how angry I still am.
COVID or not, if you're sick and you can WFH then you should. If not, use your sick days they're there for a reason!

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Just seen this - Balague is always very much ITK

Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi has been approached by Tottenham, according to Guillem Balague.

The Italian has won 17 of his 33 games in charge of the Seagulls since replacing Graham Potter and has impressed with his attacking, possession-based style of play.

Balague told BBC Radio 5 Live's Euro Leagues: "In the last two weeks, I’ll give you the names of managers that privately had shown how much in awe they are of Roberto De Zerbi and what he is doing at Brighton.

"They love the fact that they chase every ball, they don’t give rivals a chance, they are full of confidence, they don’t have any panic in the way they play, they are very strong in positions, they have midfielders that want the ball even if they have no space.

"Those are Ruben Amorim (Sporting Lisbon manager), Unai Emery, who I spent half an hour listening to him at the Leicester game talking about De Zerbi, Pep [Guardiola], [Mauricio] Pochettino, Xavi and Mikel Arteta.

"They really, really like what he is doing and it’s interesting that it seems his next step is to actually stay at Brighton for one more year to keep learning the league he is in.

"But obviously he has been approached by Spurs and he will have bigger approaches by the sound of it."

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi has been approached by Tottenham, according to Guillem Balague.

The Italian has won 17 of his 33 games in charge of the Seagulls since replacing Graham Potter and has impressed with his attacking, possession-based style of play.

Balague told BBC Radio 5 Live's Euro Leagues: "In the last two weeks, I’ll give you the names of managers that privately had shown how much in awe they are of Roberto De Zerbi and what he is doing at Brighton.

"They love the fact that they chase every ball, they don’t give rivals a chance, they are full of confidence, they don’t have any panic in the way they play, they are very strong in positions, they have midfielders that want the ball even if they have no space.

"Those are Ruben Amorim (Sporting Lisbon manager), Unai Emery, who I spent half an hour listening to him at the Leicester game talking about De Zerbi, Pep [Guardiola], [Mauricio] Pochettino, Xavi and Mikel Arteta.

"They really, really like what he is doing and it’s interesting that it seems his next step is to actually stay at Brighton for one more year to keep learning the league he is in.

"But obviously he has been approached by Spurs and he will have bigger approaches by the sound of it."
Wasn't Potter approached by Tottenham and turned them down, or was that made up?
I'd hope De Zerbi would aim higher than that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

You can hear this interview with Guillem via BBC Sounds - from 32 mins in https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0flkfwq

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here