Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ Linked to Juventus

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have a look at the posters history and I'll be amazed if you keep that point of view. Generally sticks to 3 styles of post, an opener which belittles something about the club, a defensive passive aggressive stance, and then an attack on the posters who disagree and especially the mods. As it is a poster who has been here before, I suggest it is someone who has a beef with the forum as a whole and maybe especially @Guinness Boy?
Bozza is investigating 3,750 suspects :laugh:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Only the 12th post of the thread and this kind of message from a Mod encourages a pile-on imo.
But not post 10, also by a mod, that called him a troll and questioned his IQ?

Perhaps we're pretty good at spotting trolls :shrug:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Have a look at the posters history and I'll be amazed if you keep that point of view. Generally sticks to 3 styles of post, an opener which belittles something about the club, a defensive passive aggressive stance, and then an attack on the posters who disagree and especially the mods. As it is a poster who has been here before, I suggest it is someone who has a beef with the forum as a whole and maybe especially @Guinness Boy?
Fair enough, maybe I have been whooshed a bit then. Did have a look at a few of their posts. Not that different from many moaners or extremists on here tbf! Best thing is to ignore the thread and let it die but I am also stopping this by commenting again and many others can't help themselves:D

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Reminds me of Bill Shankly, who once said something along the lines of:
"If you aim for the stars, you might end up reaching the ceiling. If you aim for the ceiling, you're likely to end up still standing on the floor."
Exactly

What a boring thread. There’s no actual content in here.
Well a little disingenuous to those of us that have actually written thoughtful responses to the thread topic - admittedly they’ve got buried and drowned out in the playground noise and have had barely any reaction compared to the bunfighters’ posts but the content is there. 🤷‍♂️

As for RDZs Juventus ‘links’ - this is nothing new - and was inevitable it would resurface as a ‘news’ item when Allegri‘s tenure at Juventus had a termination date. Pep and Conte have also been ‘linked’ 🙄

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just as a quick footnote to the above - I don’t think the kudos of being a coach of a club high up in the English PL can be underestimated - we are still the most powerful and most watched league in the World - that’s pretty attractive I would have thought, even for ex-Serie A coaches. Pep, Arteta, Conte and Klopp, arguably amongst the best managers in the World are here for a reason, the competition and level of football and definitely the money is better here imo than in Europe at the moment.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've been on here for years and only know 2 or 3 other posters, and that was by chance. I've disagreed with a lot of posters and opinions had some forthright exchanges and arguments, I've posted crap and been wrong on more occasions than I can remember, I've changed my mind and occasionally suddenly agreed with someone I previously thought was a total dick, I've had a few scoops and been itk, I've laughed and I've cried when we've lost some legends of NSC. Overall I like to think I've added something of value to the threads I've posted in and I try not to be abusive but cannot always guarantee it, I've apologised and accepted apologies. NSC is a microcosm of society in general and most often is a good place to be. I do know a dickhead when I read one though and it seems others have this skill too. Don't be a dickhead, add something of value to a thread or just f*** off.
This made me :lol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well Potter was only average and he cost the other team 20 million to get him away from us.

I imagine around 30 million would get them RDZ.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The cynic in me believes that some of these threads are deliberately designed to piss on the Albion parade. Either by bored shit-stirrers or sad cases with a secret passion for a shit club someone else.

I’m glad they’re taken to task.

You and @Tommy11 are such a pair of cry babies.

There is a reason why people get relentless pelters from loads of other people who don't know one another, have never met one another, and don't share a common view on all things. It's called 'not reading the room' and 'talking bollocks' and 'relentless ramming down people's throats the same tedious opinions', and bed wetting about how doomed we are, etc. And then not engaging sensibly with other views. And never apologizing.

Oh, and we can see you holding hands. ???

:wink:
Oh. Ironic thumbs up from Tommy. Are you the son of PotG in disguise? ???

Edit, apologies if my post simply made you laugh. It would please me if that were the case.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What were you doing in 2003 out of interest?
Having someone read him this this?

One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish,
Black fish, Blue fish, Old fish, New fish.
This one has a little car.
This one has a little star.
Say! What a lot of fish there are.
Yes. Some are red, and some are blue.
Some are old and some are new.
Some are sad, and some are glad,
And some are very, very bad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
While the opening post is tres annoying (with no initial link) I think the pile-on on this, presumably young, lad is a bit OTT. Loads of people always defending the tiresome Swede and complaining of bullying and he is/was often much more annoying imho (aswell as being much more knowledgable and witty etc etc). I'm also not a fan of GB's moderator style, find it odd that he's permitted to be one (perhaps there's a shortage of applicants). Would prefer to keep newbies around and train them in the ways of NSC than such a harsh approach shown in some posts above or perhaps I'm going soft:shrug:
I understand your point.

But alas. It isn't as if this is the first time. He should learn to back off with a mea culpa, I think. I have given gentle advice to his main supporter, Rebel51 several times, too. He's not interested and is determined to crack on in the same vein, with me minding my own business.

And compared with our Swede....Simon engages. Madman maybe, but unlike the one in the Deep Purple songs, not standing still, on a hill. Blind.

I hope life is treating you better. :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good news
Aren't Juve like the Man Utd of Italy?
Or were anyway
I was on holiday in Rimini when Juve beat Liverpool at Heysel
Obviously Rimini being the other side of the country
I was very surprised to see all the celebrations going on
Procession of cars tooting and waving Juve flags
I was living in Ancona when they beat Ajax in 96. Never really noticed the juve love until the final whistle then it was avsolute bedlam cars beeping, juve flags scooters, more flags. It was f***ing nuts.

Honestly felt like we had been teleported into the middle of of Turin.

I was told by the locals that Italians wholly support their clubs in Europe* so many celebrating weren't Juve fans as such.

*Aside from rivalries and the north south devise. Not many celebrations in Florence or Naples.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All this success we're having is a right pain in the arse isn't it?

It never bloody ends. Bissouma, Cucurella, Trossard, Potter, Caicedo, RDZ, the list goes on.

I yearn for the good old days when we were crap with no ground and no future. We didn't get pestered for our players or managers then, did we?
Micky Adams to Leicester
Coppell to Reading
Peter Taylor to the realisation that he had no chance of keeping us in the championship 😂

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well Potter was only average and he cost the other team 20 million to get him away from us.

I imagine around 30 million would get them RDZ.

Unfortunately not.

RDZ doesn't like long contracts and is also a bit more of a wanderer than potter, he likes to move around. We will get 3 years max out of him.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s funny, also looking online, there are football, rugby union and rugby league stories going back to the 60’s all claiming the same thing.

Perhaps one sportsman actually said it 55 years ago and a small army of after dinner speakers have falsely included it in their anecdotes :lolol:

Similar to a golf story where “insert ex club members name” got so annoyed with his game that he once threw his entire bag into a lake and stormed off. He returned 10 minutes later and without a word, dived into the lake and surfaced with his car keys before storming off again (leaving the clubs still in the lake)

I’ve heard this at least from 3 different golf clubs, saying they all relatively local so maybe true?!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unfortunately not.

RDZ doesn't like long contracts and is also a bit more of a wanderer than potter, he likes to move around. We will get 3 years max out of him.
He walked on Sassoulo didn’t he after 3 years, getting them top 8 twice but feeling like they weren’t ever going to match his ambition to go beyond that.

Haven’t read whether he had other offers in Italy or whether the Shaktar job was the biggest on offer at the time?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
NSC- A private BHA fans Forum, where only people who know eachother , registered in 2003, laugh at one another’s jokes and all have the same opinion can join.
If you went into a local pub you've never been in before and acted like an arse immediately, you'd very quickly get told.

But you'd have to be pretty stupid to leave, put on a false moustache and glasses, come back in and think nobody would recognise you :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here