Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ Linked to Juventus

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The board hopefully have given RDZ the promise of funds to build the team he needs after all it can only be two or three players one centre back one one ball winning midfielder and one other

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Hope this is not true.

Did not help thought that we failed to support him in the transfer market - He identified players in key areas to strengthen and maintain our European Push, but we didn't act.

Big opportunity missed, and could have cost us our quality manager at the end of the season. If we don't progress in the FA Cup or get into the Europa League ( which he truly believes we can do) he will be fuming - most likely at the board.

We have made some great "gem" signings in recent years, but there not all going to work out. It could bite us in the bum in the near future.
Tommy, what are these key areas ? I don’t see the squad as being that light that it would create unhappiness in the manager. The club have just backed RDZ by refusing to sell a £70m+ player. Whilst we are likely to add/replace in the summer there would seem to be little point in January when we already have Ferguson for Trossard. Perhaps you could explain your reasoning with a bit more detail ?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
While the opening post is tres annoying (with no initial link) I think the pile-on on this, presumably young, lad is a bit OTT. Loads of people always defending the tiresome Swede and complaining of bullying and he is/was often much more annoying imho (aswell as being much more knowledgable and witty etc etc). I'm also not a fan of GB's moderator style, find it odd that he's permitted to be one (perhaps there's a shortage of applicants). Would prefer to keep newbies around and train them in the ways of NSC than such a harsh approach shown in some posts above or perhaps I'm going soft:shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
While the opening post is tres annoying (with no initial link) I think the pile-on on this, presumably young, lad is a bit OTT. Loads of people always defending the tiresome Swede and complaining of bullying and he is/was often much more annoying imho (aswell as being much more knowledgable and witty etc etc). I'm also not a fan of GB's moderator style, find it odd that he's permitted to be one (perhaps there's a shortage of applicants). Would prefer to keep newbies around and train them in the ways of NSC than such a harsh approach shown in some posts above or perhaps I'm going soft:shrug:
Feel free to "apply"

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I agree totally. Any opinions get belittled, then you get abused for having an alternative view.
It's not a. Alternate view though is it. It's a baseless rumour with no tangible evidence to back it up. All along side a scenario that the OP has made up in his head.

I reject the notion that just because someone has pulled an 'opinion' out of their arse then we should all respect it and discuss it like it has some merit.

This thread is just clickbait claptrap and should be called out as such.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have a look at the posters history and I'll be amazed if you keep that point of view. Generally sticks to 3 styles of post, an opener which belittles something about the club, a defensive passive aggressive stance, and then an attack on the posters who disagree and especially the mods. As it is a poster who has been here before, I suggest it is someone who has a beef with the forum as a whole and maybe especially @Guinness Boy?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I've been on here for years and only know 2 or 3 other posters, and that was by chance. I've disagreed with a lot of posters and opinions had some forthright exchanges and arguments, I've posted crap and been wrong on more occasions than I can remember, I've changed my mind and occasionally suddenly agreed with someone I previously thought was a total dick, I've had a few scoops and been itk, I've laughed and I've cried when we've lost some legends of NSC. Overall I like to think I've added something of value to the threads I've posted in and I try not to be abusive but cannot always guarantee it, I've apologised and accepted apologies. NSC is a microcosm of society in general and most often is a good place to be. I do know a dickhead when I read one though and it seems others have this skill too. Don't be a dickhead, add something of value to a thread or just f*** off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't find it online but I thought it was Dave Mackay.
It’s funny, also looking online, there are football, rugby union and rugby league stories going back to the 60’s all claiming the same thing.

Perhaps one sportsman actually said it 55 years ago and a small army of after dinner speakers have falsely included it in their anecdotes :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's not a. Alternate view though is it. It's a baseless rumour with no tangible evidence to back it up. All along side a scenario that the OP has made up in his head.

I reject the notion that just because someone has pulled an 'opinion' out of their arse then we should all respect it and discuss it like it has some merit.

This thread is just clickbait claptrap and should be called out as such.
:goal:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s funny, also looking online, there are football, rugby union and rugby league stories going back to the 60’s all claiming the same thing.

Perhaps one sportsman actually said it 55 years ago and a small army of after dinner speakers have falsely included it in their anecdotes :lolol:
These kind of weird urban myths perpetuate through professions. In teaching there's one about a schoolboy nicking a penguin from a zoo. I once had a colleague in Eastbourne repeat almost verbatim the same story I had heard 300 miles away about 20 years earlier in Liverpool.:ROFLMAO:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I've been on here for years and only know 2 or 3 other posters, and that was by chance. I've disagreed with a lot of posters and opinions had some forthright exchanges and arguments, I've posted crap and been wrong on more occasions than I can remember, I've changed my mind and occasionally suddenly agreed with someone I previously thought was a total dick, I've had a few scoops and been itk, I've laughed and I've cried when we've lost some legends of NSC. Overall I like to think I've added something of value to the threads I've posted in and I try not to be abusive but cannot always guarantee it, I've apologised and accepted apologies. NSC is a microcosm of society in general and most often is a good place to be. I do know a dickhead when I read one though and it seems others have this skill too. Don't be a dickhead, add something of value to a thread or just f*** off.
good post, @Tom Hark Preston Park has the potential to learn a lot from this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here