Rangers LOL

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Final proof that minor Scottish teams should be elected to the Premiership.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Yet Celtic are such a good advert for Glasgow football and do not push their own brand of bigotry.

I was going to agree with your comment UB, but on second thoughts I don't personally feel I know enough about the whole thing, so i'm keeping out of it.
Good night everyone:bigwave:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Delighted that they are out!

The Old Firm teams must NEVER be allowed to join the Premiership!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think this may work out well for them as they wont have the distraction.

They also won't have around £12 million, or the foreign mercenaries who wouldn't have cared which Old Firm team they signed for but do care about European football. Also, might be wrong but I believe to some extent Champions League money is divided by country, which means Celtic will get more cash than if both they and Rangers were in.

Result :thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They also won't have around £12 million, or the foreign mercenaries who wouldn't have cared which Old Firm team they signed for but do care about European football. Also, might be wrong but I believe to some extent Champions League money is divided by country, which means Celtic will get more cash than if both they and Rangers were in.

Result :thumbsup:
why do you seem so delighted they are out ?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Are you quite sure that Walter Smith and Kenny Miller, for example, are bigots?

I once jested with Easy that the entire Rangers squad was related to Marcus Bignot. He must have taken it to heart and thought I was talking about the Scottish team as opposed to the West London side. The 'n' on his keyboard plays up sometimes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Kaunas result was remarkable, especially coming on the back of the whopping home defeat Rangers just suffered to Liverpool. Sure, Rangers were missing important players, but then again where IS Kaunas?...

I also watched Spurs coast past Celtic in the Feyenoord Tournament.

I think it could be a very long time before a Scottish team makes another European final. The gap between them and the dozen or so SuperTeams in Europe will only get wider.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
The Kaunas result was remarkable, especially coming on the back of the whopping home defeat Rangers just suffered to Liverpool. Sure, Rangers were missing important players, but then again where IS Kaunas?...

I also watched Spurs coast past Celtic in the Feyenoord Tournament.

I think it could be a very long time before a Scottish team makes another European final. The gap between them and the dozen or so SuperTeams in Europe will only get wider.

shh I hear Digweeds Troosers is on his way.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I am naturally delighted they are out - for purely football reasons - I despise them.

The usual obld guff is wheeled about about the fact that Scottish teams are now further behind Europe blah blah blah.

Get your facts right. Look at the Celtic and Rangers performances over recent years - especially Celtics and you will see that they are pretty good.

Significantly better say than Spurs et al.

We'll wait and see how it goes this year. But you are right to some degree - Celtic have as much chance as winning the Champions League as the other 95% of sides in it outside the super 6 - or whatever you want to call them.

So before we go rubbishing Scottish football let remember the majority of English Premier league sides have been appalling - even abject. Spurs, Bolton, Blackburn - all of them have proved to be dreadful.

Dandyman

In London village.
I am naturally delighted they are out - for purely football reasons - I despise them.

The usual obld guff is wheeled about about the fact that Scottish teams are now further behind Europe blah blah blah.

Get your facts right. Look at the Celtic and Rangers performances over recent years - especially Celtics and you will see that they are pretty good.

Significantly better say than Spurs et al.

We'll wait and see how it goes this year. But you are right to some degree - Celtic have as much chance as winning the Champions League as the other 95% of sides in it outside the super 6 - or whatever you want to call them.

So before we go rubbishing Scottish football let remember the majority of English Premier league sides have been appalling - even abject. Spurs, Bolton, Blackburn - all of them have proved to be dreadful.

Not quite sure how losing to PSV on pens makes Spurs appalling - disapointing certainly but then having won more European silverware than the Beggars does provide some solace.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
DT, I notice you didn't include recent UEFA Cup Finallists Middlesbrough in your "abject" list.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spurs were also knocked out the previous year by eventual winners Sevilla - no shame there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports