Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers LOL

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
why do you seem so delighted they are out ?

Because aside from supporting Brighton, I am also a big follower of Celtic.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
so why do you support celtic when you come from ireland?............... not because of BIGOTED religious reasons i trust ?

Yes, because I am into Repubican sectarianism. :thud:

Actually because being Irish growing up and living in Britain, I can very much identify with the history and basis of the club (founded by Irish immigrants in Glasgow to raise money), as well as its imagery and traditions (Irish songs, tricolours etc).

I am also a Republican when it comes to my views on Northern Irish politics, but this does not make me a bigot. I hate Rangers FC, not necessarily protestants or Unionists. Political views can be tied in with football (Celtic, Barca, Bilbao), why not? Bigotry is when that results in prejudices, abuse, violence. Supporting EITHER Old Firm side does not necessarily mean you are involved in bigotry.

Last edited:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
A good way to judge the majority of their fans is to watch an Old Firm game. The whole of their stands are jumping and singing about the slaughtering of Catholics. Lovely, especially as they have Catholic players. They've turned the Union Flag into a symbol of hatred and lead the rest of Scotland to hate England, the UK and everything good about our hundreds of years of unity. They should be shut down. Dieing of aids would be too good for those c*nts. Ebola would just about be fair. And their non stop excuses are almost as pathetic as Lancashire's. 3 in a row. I hope it's four. f*** the huns.

Rangers had Catholics playing for them before Septic FC even came into existence ya daft cvnt!!

How about Septic supporters (and their players btw) singing songs about supporting the IRA - is that acceptable??!! Thats not an excuse - thats a fact, numbnuts!!

And as for leading 'the rest of Scotland to hate England' - what the fvck are you on about -Rangers fans are PRO the union whilst (in general) the so-called 'Tartan army' are not, -so you're talking shite (again)!

And as for aids and ebola - well you show you're own vile bigotry>

Prick of the highest order.

WATP

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006

Actually because being Irish growing up and living in Britain, I can very much identify with the history and basis of the club (founded by Irish immigrants in Glasgow to raise money), as well as its imagery and traditions (Irish songs, tricolours etc).

I am also a Republican when it comes to my views on Northern Irish politics, but this does not make me a bigot. I hate Rangers FC, not necessarily protestants or Unionists. Political views can be tied in with football (Celtic, Barca, Bilbao), why not? Bigotry is when that results in prejudices, abuse, violence. Supporting EITHER Old Firm side does not necessarily mean you are involved in bigotry.

Why don't you follow Hibs? A club formed by Irish Catholics 13 years before Celtic but somewhat less successful...

Dandyman

In London village.

Founded by a RC Priest to keep the Irish poor out of Church of Scotland soup kitchens, actually.

That said, the rest of your post does make sense to me. I have a residual sympathy for Rangers because my maternal grandparents were Scots (and Presbytarian) who courted at Ibrox just after WW1. That does not mean, however, that I hate the Irish, Roman Catholics or Republicans as a group (although there are some individuals I'm not too keen on).

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Why don't you follow Hibs? A club formed by Irish Catholics 13 years before Celtic but somewhat less successful...

Am well aware that Celtic were formed as a direct copycat of Hibs, and were what inspired Celtic due to their success. However I follow Celtic because of family traditions, Celtic are marketed more, have a bigger history etc etc, as well as to this day I would say have more maintained the Irish connection than Hibs.

And as someone who gives up so much money and time to follow the Albion, I am not going to be accused of glory hunting! :lolol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Founded by a RC Priest to keep the Irish poor out of Church of Scotland soup kitchens, actually.

Interesting spin on that. Not altogether false in that the Irish community wanted to be able to directly help its own poor, but I'd say it was to do more than that, and I don't think it's wrong for the Catholic community to want to look after its own! It also went into the idea of creating more of an Irish Catholic community in Glasgow.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

so lets be clear on this , tricolors , "irish songs" as you call them are ok , ( aside from fields of athenry which "irish" songs exactly do you mean ?) not bigoted at all and just an extension of your irish nationality ,via scotland and england of course, but union jacks and loyalist songs etc are bigoted hate filled rants , yeah ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I heard Walter getting his excuses in BEFORE the match started by saying that the players were still tired from last season.................. :D

Its all that parading about shouting about William of Orange I suppose

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
so lets be clear on this , tricolors , "irish songs" as you call them are ok , ( aside from fields of athenry which "irish" songs exactly do you mean ?) not bigoted at all and just an extension of your irish nationality ,via scotland and england of course, but union jacks and loyalist songs etc are bigoted hate filled rants , yeah ?

f***ing hell mate steady on.

Firstly Celtic fans sing many traditional Irish songs aside from Fields of Athenry at both matches and particularly in pubs around the game, and even if it is just a couple, so what? If you want me to say "up the ra" etc, then sorry because that is not what I meant.

Secondly, at what point have I EVER said that union jacks and loyallist songs are "bigoted hate filled rants"?? Please answer that.

Tricolours and Irish songs are my identity and history, Union Jacks and Unionist songs are their history. Of course I don't like it, I disagree with it and it riles me, but I am in no position to complain - they have every right. If you mean loyallist "songs" such as UVF chants or the disgraceful "Where's Bobby Hammill?", then yes, they are "bigoted hate filled rants", in the same way as pro-violence chants from Celtic fans would be.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
f***ing hell mate steady on.

Firstly Celtic fans sing many traditional Irish songs aside from Fields of Athenry at both matches and particularly in pubs around the game, and even if it is just a couple, so what? If you want me to say "up the ra" etc, then sorry because that is not what I meant.

Secondly, at what point have I EVER said that union jacks and loyallist songs are "bigoted hate filled rants"?? Please answer that.

Tricolours and Irish songs are my identity and history, Union Jacks and Unionist songs are their history. Of course I don't like it, I disagree with it and it riles me, but I am in no position to complain - they have every right. If you mean loyallist "songs" such as UVF chants or the disgraceful "Where's Bobby Hammill?", then yes, they are "bigoted hate filled rants", in the same way as pro-violence chants from Celtic fans would be.
granted you havent said that mate,i stand corrected on that, is bobby hamill the young kid who got his throat slit for wearing a celtic shirt whatever near a rangers pub ?and thirdly not sure what generation you are but get the impression you were born in ireland but brought up here, where does "your" culture and history end and your kids ,grandkids etc become english ? i do feel that we have vast swathes of people here with no loyalty or affiliation to this country, in fact i know we have ,not just irish but white south africans , africansand other people etc, i have sat in my next door neigbours living room watching an england wales rugby match and the active dislike of england from a room full of south africans was astonishing , i have been in pubs and talking to a friend of a friend who had an english accent told me how he loves when " you english cnuts lose" ( he was born and brought up here but was "irish" )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here