Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers LOL

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That said, the rest of your post does make sense to me. I have a residual sympathy for Rangers because my maternal grandparents were Scots (and Presbytarian) who courted at Ibrox just after WW1. That does not mean, however, that I hate the Irish, Roman Catholics or Republicans as a group (although there are some individuals I'm not too keen on).

Going by your avatar, I always assumed that you, like me, had Polish blood in you as well which by it's very nature is Roman Catholic.

Dandyman

In London village.
Going by your avatar, I always assumed that you, like me, had Polish blood in you as well which by it's very nature is Roman Catholic.

My paternal grandmother was Polish but Jewish not Roman Catholic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway, I think teams should be forced to reflect their national traditions. I want to see Scottish teams like Rangers playing in kilts, Germans in lederhosen, Americans in cowboy boots and Australians with a ball and chain.

...and England in a chavvy JJB Umbro gear....er....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, because I am into Repubican sectarianism. :thud:

Actually because being Irish growing up and living in Britain, I can very much identify with the history and basis of the club (founded by Irish immigrants in Glasgow to raise money), as well as its imagery and traditions (Irish songs, tricolours etc).

I am also a Republican when it comes to my views on Northern Irish politics, but this does not make me a bigot. I hate Rangers FC, not necessarily protestants or Unionists. Political views can be tied in with football (Celtic, Barca, Bilbao), why not? Bigotry is when that results in prejudices, abuse, violence. Supporting EITHER Old Firm side does not necessarily mean you are involved in bigotry.

I cant say I`m fussed about either side to be honest. Got no reason to take an interest in either team. But, I do find the guy who owns Celtic an idiot though. I once read an interview where he was blathering on about how Celtic should be in the Premiership and that the markets dictated that they should be in the Premiership as they would bring loads of cash with them. In the same interview he said there should be a wage cap on players as Celtic were not able to compete with Europe`s elite. In summary, the free-market should prevail when it benefits Celtic.....and should not prevail when it doesnt. Cock.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My paternal grandmother was Polish but Jewish not Roman Catholic.

Bearing in mind I went to Krakow last year, I should have thought of Jewish as well as Catholic.

My father was Polish. I've often wondered about your avatar. Thanks for clearing it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here