Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random encounters with Albion players

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Jimmy Case chased my car down Woodland Drive and at the traffic lights on old shoreham road got out of his xr3i and kicked my drivers door and broke the aerial off my car. This was in 1985 and he obviously didn't like me beeping him as I had nearly taking his
Door off when he opened it whilst parked illegally on double yellows outside offie in Woodland Drive. All I can say his eyes were very blood shot for 4pm in the afternoon. Say no more

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Had a dance off with Tommy Fraser in the disco room of Oceana a few years back.

Had to pull my mate way from punching Tommy Fraser (and his brother) outside what was then Kulture a few years back.

Jimmy Case in hospitality at Anfield.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Mrs Oscar met Lua Lua on the 5b bus into town. He was in full Albion kit too.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Also Oscar jnr reminds me he met Adam El Abd on a visit to his school.

I served Dean Wilkins back in his playing days when I worked in shop as well as Nicky Rust, Junior Mcdougald and John Robinson.

Oh, and met Charlie in George Street hove, the Park View and Preston Park.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Served Steve Piper & Garry Nelson when I worked in a bookshop. What a shock - two footballers have read a book!

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Saw Casper outside Halfords the other week... The only person I know that can comfortably hold 3 large bottles of T-Cut in 1 hand!

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Got a lift home from Michael Robinson and separately on another occasion from Lawrenson from then university. Copped off with a married Gary Williams (something i've never admitted to ever before and was orrible!)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Tony Towner was my removal man when I moved house. He's very small.
Larry May - I worked at a school in Crawley coaching kids and he turned up as Crawley's football in the community officer. He's a lovely bloke.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I met Michael Owen in the owners and trainers at Dunstall Park....has he signed for us yet?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Glenn Hoddle trying on coats in Selfridges in Oxford Street,
Hayden Mullins in the Tesco's near my g/f's,
The whole Yeovil Town team last year at Clacketts lane services,
Stepped backwards & bumped into Casper Ankergren watching some random band near the theatre royal last summer.

Glenn Hoddle trying on coats in Selfridges in Oxford Street,
Hayden Mullins in the Tesco's near my g/f's,
The whole Yeovil Town team last year at Clacketts lane services,
Stepped backwards & bumped into Casper Ankergren watching some random band near the theatre royal last summer.

You might wanna re-read the thread title Tone :lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
He who shall not be named at the NME awards gig a few years back.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4254799 said:
You might wanna re-read the thread title Tone :lolol:

FAIL! Although in fairness half the Yeovil squad have played for us at one time or another. Will this affect my reputation points :down:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bumped into Gary hart at the Amex on Friday lunchtime and tried to explain to the steward on the car park who he was as he wouldn't let him park in his usual space, then I saw him just down the road from my sons school a couple of hours later as well. Also bumped into bobby z outside my old digs in hove in 2001

He was an EX-player by Friday. Name scratched from the list...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Served Steve Piper & Garry Nelson when I worked in a bookshop. What a shock - two footballers have read a book!

It's not really a shock that Nelson has READ a book, is it, given that he's written two?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've checked my copy of Left Foot Forward and Anthony Fowles is credited as co-author. Anyway I wasn't having a go at Garry who is one of my favourite Albion players but having a light hearted
dig at the old stereotype of all footballers being thickos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here