Random encounters with Albion players

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I saw Gary Hart in his training kit in a shop in Peacehaven. Despite being 16 years old I got completly star struck and hid by the eggs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Back in the Goldstone days l used to live in London. After evening games Perry Diigweed, Eric Young and Dale Jasper regularly travelled back on the same Victoria train as me after the matches & they used to share a tale or two wiith me.

One thing l've never been able to work out, this train left Hove station just after 10pm, how the hell did they manage to shower, get dressed & get to the station by that time?. l could barely manage it running straight there after the final whistle? lol.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
A loooooooooooonggg time ago I went round Chris Cattlin's house to discuss rainwater systems!! He was a really nice guy, and very passionate about the Albion (although understably still sore as it was only a year or 2 after they sacked him.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Gerry Armstrong used to sell Cable tv when it was Nynex, popped up on our doorstep and my dad kept him chatting for hours about the football but didn't buy anything so he didn't even get any commission out of it. He looked pretty gutted when he left.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I bumped into Kazenga Lua Lua at Gatwick Airport a couple of weeks ago.

I can't remember if I mentioned this at the time.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I shared a swimming pool with Gerry Ryan when he was recovering from a broken leg - Haywards Heath and we both were there with our wives and kids

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Think I queued behind Jim McNulty in WH Smith on Brighton station. He was quite tall.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The current first team squad as they passed back through Gatwick on their way home yesterday evening.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Tony Towner cutting the grass, Bobby Z in a burger bar, Peter Ward at a Petrol Station and Frank Worthington on the beach

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
A parked car at the side of the road nearly pulled out in front of me. I turned round as u went past to give them a piece of my mind and it turned out to be FDM. I changed my mind and smiled politely!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
As its a bit of a slow news day thought i'd start this thread by sharing the fact I once shared a shower with Gary Stevens back in late 90's, all above board!!
It was communal shower of a health club in the Witterings near Chichester ???
He had terrible scars from Vinny Jones if I remember right!!
Anyone else had random encounters? :albion2:

About 3 of us holding the League trophy with Danny Cullip and Peter Taylor. I'll try and dig the photo's out to show

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Saw and spoke to Bennett, the day after we beat Charlton at the valley 2-1, the season before last. He was in Game on western road.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I bumped into Kazenga Lua Lua at Gatwick Airport a couple of weeks ago.

I can't remember if I mentioned this at the time.

Did you frisk him ? or, for you, was that not necessary ?

Last edited:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Walking round Sussex uni the day we played Brentford at home this season, me and my dad decided to check the sports facilities. Looking round, saw who I think was Jamie Strong and Tom Vickers in the gym, but unsure, and as we were walking round Mr. Gus walked behind us, I told my dad who didn't believe me!

When he walked past us, very, very tall, my dad seemed even more starstruck than I was :lolol:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I served Peter Smith and Geoff Minton in the shoe shop I worked in on Western Road. Peter Smith was chuckling at Minton as I only recognised and chatted to him. I realised my mistake about 30 seconds later. I also served Gerry Armstrong and his son and served and bumped into in Tesco boundary road Junior Mcdougald. Lovely fella he was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports