Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random encounters with Albion players

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
As its a bit of a slow news day thought i'd start this thread by sharing the fact I once shared a shower with Gary Stevens back in late 90's, all above board!!
It was communal shower of a health club in the Witterings near Chichester ???
He had terrible scars from Vinny Jones if I remember right!!
Anyone else had random encounters? :albion2:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I saw Sir Norman putting out his bins the other lunchtime.

And I had to wait for Willie Bell to finish his call from the public phone box at Meadow Parade, Rottingdean once.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
As its a bit of a slow news day thought i'd start this thread by sharing the fact I once shared a shower with Gary Stevens back in late 90's, all above board!!
It was communal shower of a health club in the Witterings near Chichester ???
He had terrible scars from Vinny Jones if I remember right!!
Anyone else had random encounters? :albion2:

Who was longer in the shower?

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
Gordon Smith bought a takeaway coffee from my cafe about 6 weeks ago reg semi skimmed latte, no sugar. As he didn't ask about the albion back to back promotions mug proudly displayed on top of the coffee machine I just said "good luck in your new job and could he find another Charlie Adam for St Mirren to loan" He smiled and said he would see what he could do.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Often encountered Bobby Z whilst out walking our respective dogs in Burgess Hill.
Once stood in the Post Office queue behind Hans Kraay. Sadly, he did not spend the time waiting jumping up and down.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Alex Dawson used to come in regularly into the dry cleaning shop where I worked (showing my age now!).

gully07

Sep 26, 2010
hassocks
i picked kuipers up from his house when i was taxi driving in haywards heath got talking to him and forgot to stick the meater on

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
A friend of mine broke down in his car last year. A car stopped , and out got Gary Hart. He offered assistance. What a nice man.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Wouldn't say met or spoken to, but after the Olhanese game on Saturday, we were standing at the taxi rank at about 11.45pm waiting to go back to our resort and a bus pulls up on the other side of the road, and off gets the entire team for I assume a night out in the Old Town Albufeira, very surreal indeed :lol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Larry May in the next urinal to me at The Grand! Marvellous. I was halfway through a Christmas Party, so was a bit pished, and while I could easily lie and tell you I came out with something witty, clever, incisive perhaps, to say to him .... truth is I only managed, "Whey, you're Larry May!" To be honest, I think he already knew that.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I used to sell pastrami to Junior McDougald...

That sounds terrible....

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Bumped into Gary hart at the Amex on Friday lunchtime and tried to explain to the steward on the car park who he was as he wouldn't let him park in his usual space, then I saw him just down the road from my sons school a couple of hours later as well. Also bumped into bobby z outside my old digs in hove in 2001

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here