Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random encounters with Albion players

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Bobby Zamora at a Football Auction years ago
Tommy Fraser played footy together before he was pro with Albion, Friends of Family
Gary Hart in Currys Old Shoreham Road
Steve Burtenshaw (played in 60's went onto be scout at Ar****l) dated his niece for a few years.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Bobby Z watched my Sunday side a few years back after being asked by one of the team who was a doorman on a saturday night! That was odd, had a shite game? we did not know he was coming!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Got on the train at East Croydon going to the Goldstone and sat opposite Robert Codner who was playing the same day. Had a chat, nice bloke but hard work.

Also once sat opposite Alan Minter, now he was a top bloke.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
After being confronted with one of the last-minute postponed games at Halifax a few years back, a friend and I wandered through the tiny local park to chance upon the entire first team warming down.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I saw Gary Hart at Asda petrol station in Hollingbury, he was filling up his BMW.

Saw Peter Brezovan in Maplins on London Rd.

Adam El-Abd lives in/owns a flat in same block as me.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Gerry Ryan at a wedding reception.
Have had Tony Towner as my house removal bloke twice.
Used to see Frank Worthington around a lot as his daughter Kim went to my school when he was playing for us. Lived up Windmill Drive in Westdene.
Charlie Oatway in the Long Man.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Got a bit lost in Crawley about 10 years ago popped into the Virgin store to ask the nearest person the way to station, as he raised his gaze from the CD rack I realised it was only JOHN BYRNE.

Also saw George Parris up some scaffolding in Bexhill Town centre several years ago, had to double check but sure it was him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was once walking past a pub in town about 7-ish on a Saturday after a game, saw some guys with a program and a scarf standing outside and asked them what the score was. "6-2" they said, "and he scored twice and was man of the match", pointing at Nathan Jones in the corner by the flowerpots. I took a double-take, asked his name which I recognised as one of our new signings, then gave him a big handshake and stuttered by best wishes for the season, (and what a great season) before ambling off with a big grin on my face. I never realised I was so easily starstruck.

Apr 12, 2011
I served Casper in homebase a few weeks back, really nice guy, had a little chat about the preseason friendlies and wished him luck for the season. He was kind enough to sign an autograph for me too.
He was next to me in the changing rooms at my gym a few weeks before that too. Also seen el-abd, Bennett, and Jim mcnulty there in the past couple of months.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
What was said? Bearing in mind a simple "Excuse me" is a decent enough anecdote where that great man is concerned.

hi there.....
...i was 14 and just walked up and sat down next to him, the forest no.2 (at the time) and the latter's wife. i was general - "how are you, enjoying your holiday" etc, and then prompted him on his spell at BHA. he said it was a shame he left as was a promising club with ultra nice people but the leeds thing was too tempting and too big to pass up.

best parts were that he called me "laddie" and "son." :)

the keane chat was funny too "hi roy, how is it going at sunderland" (said extremely politely and humbly in normal as i could way). "f***ing nightmare to be honest" "wanna come and manage my club, brighton?" "im not that desperate" ....i smirked, he smiled, and we parted.

i was a cheeky chappy and was humble with it too, and they thought it fun a young "lad" had come up and been open. my old man still does not beliive me that i went and sat with him.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Bumped into Will Hoskins in the club shop today buying to small childrens Brighton shirts, then I left the shop and Poke(I think) and Barnes were outside by their cars.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
From BAG:

I saw Adam el-and at the gym yesterday!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Putting some petrol in the car in Southwater this morning, an oldish chap in front pointed to my Albion hoodie and said “like your top”. I smiled and said thanks and didn’t think anything of it.

Went and paid for petrol and when I came out he was stood talking to Mrs P and I heard her say “yes he’s been a Brighton fan for years” then she turned to me and asked if I knew the chap.

I looked at him properly and said “we’ll you look an awful lot like Alan Mullery”. “ That’s because I am” he said.

Had a nice couple of minutes chat with him, both of us agreeing how brilliant things are going now.

Yeah yeah, cool story bro, I know, but I think that’s the first time in nearly 50 years of supporting Brighton I’ve ever met and chatted ti anyone connected to the club like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here