Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Raheem Sterling

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
All of this is nonsense.

http://www.itn.co.uk/UK/69808/raheem-sterlings-zip-has-gone--admits-liverpool-boss

He is just being rested after playing so many games in his first full season. I would think he would do a bit of bench warming for the remainder of the season ready to go for a full pre season in July.

That article is older than the ones suggesting Rodgers wants to loan Sterling out. If we can get him in it could mean we can free Bucker up to play down the middle (in behind).

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
That article is older than the ones suggesting Rodgers wants to loan Sterling out. If we can get him in it could mean we can free Bucker up to play down the middle (in behind).

This is from today and says he is going nowhere:

Brendan Rodgers insists he has no intention of allowing Liverpool teenagers Raheem Sterling or Suso out on loan.

Spanish midfielder Suso, 19, was a regular in Rodgers' squads earlier in the season, but has not made a first-team appearance since the 2-1 FA Cup third-round win at Mansfield on January 6.

Sterling, meanwhile, had a spectacular first half of the season, making his England debut against Sweden in November and signing a five-year contract shortly after turning 18 in December.

He too, though, has been used more sparingly by Rodgers since the turn of the year, and has not started a Premier League for two months.

The manager has instead preferred to allow both players to continue their development in the club's Under-21 side, but still sees both as key members of his first-team squad.

Reports had suggested that Sterling was set for a loan move to the Championship, with leaders Cardiff cited as a possible destination, along with Bolton, Brighton and Blackpool.

Suso was linked with a loan switch to Wigan recently, but insisted that he was happy staying at Anfield.

And Rodgers said: "It's very simple. They're not available for loan. I'm not sure where the stories have come from.

"They're both young players who have played a lot this year, and they've been very much a part of our group.

"Raheem's been outstanding this year. He's only young, and we need to nurture and protect him. On top of that, we've got a very small squad, and those two boys are an integral part of it.

"It's something that won't happen."

Read more at Liverpool won't consider loans for Suso Raheem Sterling | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Never ever posted a rumour but just saying that a chap matching Sterling's description was at the Amex this afternoon.
I'm sure it's just a coincidence though!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sensible websites state Sterling's new contract gave him £30,000 per week.
We could manage £15,000 out of that for the PL starlet.

In comparison, is it generally understood that we meet £15,000 per week out of Bridge's £85,000?

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Sensible websites state Sterling's new contract gave him £30,000 per week.
We could manage £15,000 out of that for the PL starlet.

In comparison, is it generally understood that we meet £15,000 per week out of Bridge's £85,000?

I know nothing about who earns what, apart from I thought we were paying 10% of Bridge's £90k a week. Not that it matters............

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know nothing about who earns what, apart from I thought we were paying 10% of Bridge's £90k a week. Not that it matters............

The life long fans around me in WSU said that Taricco gave the game away in a radio interview a while back on Bridge, in saying that's what you get for £20,000 pw. Assuming some exaggeration, £15,000 sounds about right.

I cannot see £1m a year going on a fullback, no matter how good out of a total business payroll of £14m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here