Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rafa Benitez?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Benitez just spoken on talk sport and is very interested in the Everton job if it was offered to him,he wants to stay in England he also said " I want to manage a big club but if not I would like a project of a smaller club and have the chance to build something up"

Hey Rafa were over he on the south coast come and join us:bigwave:

Cant someone hammer his twitter account and point him in the direction of Brighton... Just let him know like

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
On the down side, his tactics do tend to be really boring. Next.

2442428.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This has about as much chance of happening as us signing Forlan did last close season, good to dream anyway

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
On the down side, his tactics do tend to be really boring. Next.

More than that even.

Valencia
  • La Liga - 2001-02, 2003-04
  • UEFA Cup - 2003-04
Liverpool
  • UEFA Champions League - 2004-05
  • UEFA Super Cup - 2005
  • FA Cup - 2005-06
  • FA Community Shield - 2006
Internazionale
  • Supercoppa Italiana - 2010
  • FIFA Club World Cup - 2010
Chelsea
  • UEFA Europa League - 2012-13

That's a hell of a CV. We all love Brighton, but really what's going to draw him here? Or Di Matteo for that matter?

EDIT: Also worth noting that the last time he managed at the equivalent of this level was in 2001, when he got Tenerife promoted.

I'll take boring if that is it!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rafa would be very high on my list if not first choice, if possible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Personally I wouldn't want him anyway. Realistically, he ain't going to want us either. Apart from anything else, if Gus wants more in the budget and that is part of the current diificulties, Rafa would regard the amount Gus wants as peanuts

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Benitez just spoken on talk sport and is very interested in the Everton job if it was offered to him,he wants to stay in England he also said " I want to manage a big club but if not I would like a project of a smaller club and have the chance to build something up"

Hey Rafa were over he on the south coast come and join us:bigwave:

In the same interview he said there were a couple of offers and one was a project, now that sounds familiar

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't believe it for a second, but he's said many times he would like to stay in this country, his family are happy here. He's not going to get one of the top 6 jobs here, so if he has it in mind to take on a 3 year project, it could suit. He doesn't need the money, so personal comp shouldn't be an issue.

On the flip side, his family are in the north west, I couldn' see him wanting a drop of division on his CV, and the budget he'd want to stand a good chance of promotion in a very tough division would be far too much.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I believe. That is won't happen. With a CV like that he really should be landing Premiership job. One thing at Brighton though. We are a project. He wants a project and he will be given time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here