Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rafa Benitez?

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Wow. This is crazy. Need to get our feet back on the ground here fellas. Valencia, Liverpool, inter, Chelsea, Brighton. I don't think so. Sadly as would be great!!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
didnt he say recently he wanted a 3 year project? Benitez in, Barry on a year loan deal AKA Bridge - Zamora in, DVD in - prem here we come.... christ did i just say that out loud oh to dream!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Valencia (UEFA Cup winner) - Liverpool (Champions League Winner) - Inter Milan - Chelsea (UEFA Cup Winner) - Brighton

Spot the odd one out.

Please try and remember who and what we are, a championship team with potential, no more.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Valencia (UEFA Cup winner) - Liverpool (Champions League Winner) - Inter Milan - Chelsea (UEFA Cup Winner) - Brighton

Spot the odd one out.

Please try and remember who and what we are, a championship team with potential, no more.

More than that even.

Valencia
  • La Liga - 2001-02, 2003-04
  • UEFA Cup - 2003-04
Liverpool
  • UEFA Champions League - 2004-05
  • UEFA Super Cup - 2005
  • FA Cup - 2005-06
  • FA Community Shield - 2006
Internazionale
  • Supercoppa Italiana - 2010
  • FIFA Club World Cup - 2010
Chelsea
  • UEFA Europa League - 2012-13

That's a hell of a CV. We all love Brighton, but really what's going to draw him here? Or Di Matteo for that matter?

EDIT: Also worth noting that the last time he managed at the equivalent of this level was in 2001, when he got Tenerife promoted.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
:lolol: the single most deluded thread I have EVER read on here.

Just....wow.

I'm genuinely in shock that anyone could logically think this could happen. :lolol:

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Prior to the Chelsea gig, was he not unemployed after leaving Inter, for a lengthy stint?

Might not be doing it for the money.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe :jester:

Bobby Smith
Brian Clough - that ended well
Tony Bloom
Falmer

To a lesser extent - Wayne Bridge and Vicente

The impossible CAN happen for this club

The irony of Gus being suspended and the Chelsea manager coming here would be fantastic

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lolol: the single most deluded thread I have EVER read on here.

no, because this ones clearly a joke. the Di Matteo thread is the most deluded as people are actually being serious.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Benitez just spoken on talk sport and is very interested in the Everton job if it was offered to him,he wants to stay in England he also said " I want to manage a big club but if not I would like a project of a smaller club and have the chance to build something up"

Hey Rafa were over he on the south coast come and join us:bigwave:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Benitez just spoken on talk sport and is very interested in the Everton job if it was offered to him,he wants to stay in England he also said " I want to manage a big club but if not I would like a project of a smaller club and have the chance to build something up"

I'd shit in the dressing room if this actually happened. But the second part of that quote is genuinely interesting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Tony has already been in touch, Rafa is clearing the way :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here