Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio 5 preview of championship

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You'd have thought that by far the best remaining team in this division would've warranted a cursory mention. Oh well, we got largely ignored last season by most pundits, written press and radio. More of the same, doesn't do any harm. It'll ALL be about Newcastle, Villa, Naarch and Leeds no doubt.

And bendy Wendy!!!!

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Who in this division finished above us ?

Hull and Wednesday in theory finished ahead of us.

Look I reckon we've got a good chance this season, but am a realist. There are some very good sides, a lot of money has been spent. Where we ended up last season is irrelevant. It all starts again in a few days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hull and Wednesday in theory finished ahead of us.

Nooo. They finished 6 and 15 points behind us. The fact that they stumbled and scraped their way through a couple of cup ties after 46 games doesn't alter that.

Hence, we are by far the best of the remaining teams in this division.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Nooo. They finished 6 and 15 points behind us. The fact that they stumbled and scraped their way through a couple of cup ties after 46 games doesn't alter that.

Hence, we are by far the best of the remaining teams in this division.
This. So much evidence to support optimistic stance. As fans we must start this season believing in the team, like we did at the end of last season, and roar them on to automatic promotion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This. So much evidence to support optimistic stance. As fans we must start this season believing in the team, like we did at the end of last season, and roar them on to automatic promotion.

Tell you what. IF EVERY match at the Amex this season had the phenomenal atmosphere of that Sheffield Wednesday playoff game, we'd be up by Easter. That truly was something I'd never experienced before.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why the hell is ANYONE talking about Leeds? A midtable side who have sold two of their best players in Byram and Cook and who haven't been anywhere near the playoffs for more than the best part of a decade.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Just listening to this on the train but wish I'd read this thread beforehand as I wouldn't have bothered! It's not only that we don't get a mention but the guests haven't said anything of interest so far.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just listening to this on the train but wish I'd read this thread beforehand as I wouldn't have bothered! It's not only that we don't get a mention but the guests haven't said anything of interest so far.

Ditto...except the train bit

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Last season is gone now.

Let's focus on this season. Quite happy to be under the radar and not rated by "experts".

Judge us in May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here