Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Racism v. Foul Language. Which is Worse?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Accepted by a lot of people yes, but that doesn't make it right in my book.

Don’t like swearing, can accept it on the TV or in film “in context”,

But racism - or discrimination for whatever reason, is just plain wrong, bad, evil.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I like swearing in the right context. That context is not yelling it out when kids are present. Sometimes it conveys something that just doesn't work without it, particularly in a comedy setting.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There is no comparison, good swearing is nothing more than an alternative use of descriptive language. See ‘Peter Cook’ for reference.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Racism without a doubt, but I’m with you on the C word. I’ll use it in front of male mates on occasion but never in front of women or children or at the football when shouting something. Maybe I’m just old fashioned
Not old fashioned. Just common decency.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't wait for the next poll; "Which would you rather hit you on the head, a coin or an anvil?"
Although in Roadrunner it was generally one followed by the other. And then a piano, and a rock. And then a really big rock.

Speaking of big rocks, I'd love the OP to ask this question to The Rock.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why make this personal? am l not entitled to an opinion?

But that’s where you went wrong. Sharing your opinion I mean. It’s not the done thing anymore. Have a read of a book called Animal Farm and tells us what you think.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
But that’s where you went wrong. Sharing your opinion I mean. It’s not the done thing anymore. Have a read of a book called Animal Farm and tells us what you think.

"Sharing your opinion" by starting a thread and then bleating about people slagging you off for it is about as "snowflake" as you can get.

Funny how it's the people who complain about others taking offence at everything who have the thinnest skin.

Say what you want but don't go crying to mummy when the big boys throw some rocks at you. Petal.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Why make this personal? am l not entitled to an opinion?

Oh come on, think about it. Surely you can see the difference between condemning someone purely because of their skin tone or birth place as opposed to using bad language. It annoyed me too when I read your original post.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...let's discuss gambling addiction versus torrential diarrhoea.

One often ends up in uncontrollably blowing everything one has without the apparent ability to stop.

And a gambling addiction's not great too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Racism without a doubt, but I’m with you on the C word. I’ll use it in front of male mates on occasion but never in front of women or children or at the football when shouting something. Maybe I’m just old fashioned

That’s actually sexist and you should be ashamed. Next you’ll be saying you hold open doors for women, another display of inappropriate behaviour in 2020. I held you in high regard Icy, but can do so no longer. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here