Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racism And The Cumberbatch Conundrum

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Shock, horror, you assume that everyone thinks the way you do, and have attributed me being insulting when i was being literal. I'll admit to one flippant insult, but the rest i was serious, the fact you can't comprehend someone offering to help a stranger who clearly has issues must be completely alien to you.

'

You can not leave it can you.
You stated amongst other things like my upbringing and family, that i had mental issues, how condescending and insulting.......you don't know me, yet from behind a keyboard you can make these assumptions.
I'm not upset, though you seem to be trying your hardest to antagonise, i'm not sure what you get out of it, i suppose you get a kick out of it.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
You can not leave it can you.
You stated amongst other things like my upbringing and family, that i had mental issues, how condescending and insulting.......you don't know me, yet from behind a keyboard you can make these assumptions.

I'm glad it doesn't upset you, it's not meant to be, please take it literally.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Ok, handy if you just copy and paste this, save you keep writing it.
By the way, i am getting bored now so......you quoted "The offer is still there". Remind me what the offer is ta.

The Pompous Paladin reminds me of somebody, is he married to a Dalek by chance ?
I don't think Yashmaks are really all the rage this year in the UK or elsewhere.
If your bedroom is on the first floor, I think you might get a wee frustrated if she can't manage the stairs.......................

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This thread has gone waaaaay off course now although it's been quite amusing. For the record though Soulman, in response to my question all you've done is repeat the old it's just an abbreviation and then thrown in some 'you can't say anything anymore' type stuff. My last word on the subject. The word Paki is used as an insult in this country. Anyone who denies that is either very young or I would say, at best disrespectful. That's my opinion. It may be used innocently in other countries, maybe one or two people use it innocently in the UK, but I'd be surprised. I think it's willful ignorance to deny it's connotations. I think even one of our nsc members was abused on twitter once as a paki? I may be wrong.

Anyway, have fun everyone!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
U
look you idiot p*ki is short for a Pakistani in the same way brit is short for british. why then do brits not get offended when being called a brit .. its a simple enough question? .
said that if someone calls a black bloke a n*ger then fair enough I get your point, but to attach the word racism to the shortening of ones name is at the very least f*cking ridiculous and pathetic..

people like you seriously need lessons on how to grow up, infact sorry mate its not your fault.. its the dangerous b*stards who invented political correctness in the first place who are to blame for this, instead of bringing races/ communities together its made them more divided. any fool can see that.

PAKI originally was the acronym from Punjabi and Kashmiri Indian. Stan is land. The modern day usage has racist connotations, as you well know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here