Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racism And The Cumberbatch Conundrum

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's no surprise he was all mouth and no trew. Seems he didn't like his bluff being called. Think I'll leave it there.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
It's weird how a lot of people play the man rather than the ball on this forum, anyhow you have made some incorrect assumptions about me, but what or who i am is irrelevant to this particular discussion.
My point is that this PC shyte, whilst i admit it is a bit shyte and far from ideal, is there for a reason. To protect the vulnerable and historically abused. It's a shame that it's needed. If we use the example of 'spastics' having to be renamed to cerebral palsy, it takes the confusion and heat about race, or where someone is from out of the equation, or if we use the example of irish, you must know how they (the irish) were treated.

Do you consider yourself British? If so, what is the difference from the point of this debate about a 1st generation muslim and you? Both born in this country, to immigrants.

Perhaps we could learn from the mistakes of how we as a society treated the irish/disabled or whatever in the past. Might cause less bombs and stuff.

there are fuktards in every society , all over the world , in a lot of eastern and african countries disabled people of all kinds are hidden away behind closed doors, in others they are wheeled through the streets for begging purposes , a small percentage of the main populus will always use insulting language to describe people different to themselves because they are thick in the head , intelligent folk won't........we therefore have a speech code in place which is aimed at people who are too thick to understand it....no...?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know a fellow whe matches and promotes boxing shows in Brighton and other areas. I'll see him soon. If you lot can remind me of all the grudge matches we'll get it on.
Let's get ready to rumble. NSC charity boxing night for the REMF.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The binfestery in this thread is hilarious! :lol:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hmm. So you can't discuss, your way or just ****or the wanker smillie. Perhaps get a bit of education then you might be able to expand on your answers, or at least get your points over without stooping to playground retorts.

You never answered my question, Do you believe that Paki is not an offensive term to use in the UK?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I know a fellow whe matches and promotes boxing shows in Brighton and other areas. I'll see him soon. If you lot can remind me of all the grudge matches we'll get it on.
Let's get ready to rumble. NSC charity boxing night for the REMF.

great in theory and would sort out the keyboard warriors but i fear some would not bother turning up and would rather brag later on how the opponent was a mug for walking around the ring like a loser waiting for his opponent who wasnt going to turn up anyway because he would have stabbed him or something

makes a mockery of charity boxing.

this thread has turned to bollocks anyway

so here is a video on ancient aliens.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Is it really that simple?

Ask someone of Asian descent if they were British? What would they say?

If they are british they say 'yes' and maybe add, my 'parents were born in bangladesh'.
If not you ask them where their ancestors are from, they say 'bangladesh'.

If they're not british they say 'No, i'm from bangladesh.'

I don't see what the issue is? I mean presumably you need to know for some reason? Or are you fishing for something?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If they are british they say 'yes' and maybe add, my 'parents were born in bangladesh'.

I don't see what the issue is? I mean presumably you need to know for some reason? Or are you fishing for something?[/

Are you a Pompous Frenchman..Believe Paladin something French??

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I don't see what the issue is? I mean presumably you need to know for some reason? Or are you fishing for something?

I'm not fishing.

Your point is that all this is very simple and straightforward and everyone should know and understand what is and is not acceptable in modern society. And I don't think it is.

Can you really imagine having a casual conversation including "what's the ethnicity of your ancestors?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here