Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quitting Smoking Thread

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Good luck nick, im also kicking the habit as of tomorrow, just paid £7.40 for 20 sovereigns!! Thats it now going to put the money in a jar each day and when i feel like having a smoke im going to look at the money! Good luck.

Thanks mate. Good luck also! It will be nice not spending £4 on baccy every 3 days or so. I have downloaded this app called NHS Quit Smoking and it calculates how much money your saving each day by not smoking, quite useful!

As of 7.30 last night, going 19 hours, 49 minutes without a rollie, I have saved £2.03 :lolol:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I'd forgotten about this thread. 13 weeks without a fag, but to be honest felt like I was out of the woods after about a week. I can't recommend Champix (available from all good GPs) enough. You'll have to put up with little or no sleep for a week or so, but well worth it in the long run.

Lungs are much better, not getting out of breath, and taste is much improved. According to my calculations I've saved £507.62 by not smoking 1,302 cigarettes.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
FIVE months for me now!

I even run up the stairs to the bus car park behind the South Stand!

Although I have had to join a gym to start losing the extra stone I have put on since giving up!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Packed up July 1st, with the money I've saved have just bought a car for £1100. No going back for me, ever!

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
First £7.40 in my jar, and feeling fine ATM, going to keep busy and not think of smoking.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Day 2, so close to caving in already.

By the way, that app thing is bullshit. You don't save money giving up smoking because there's always something else you'll spend that money on.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Day 2, so close to caving in already.

By the way, that app thing is bullshit. You don't save money giving up smoking because there's always something else you'll spend that money on.

True, but it's nice to not see that money going towards something that will eventually kill me.

Hang in there man!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wanted to wait before saying I can call myself a non smoker and not fall flat on my arse. Although I was looking for a thread from a couple of weeks or so ago, but this is fine.

34 years a smoker, stopped 15 days ago (2/12) and haven't had one, or even wanted one. I know it was a bit controversial (nothing new to NSC then) about giving up on that other thread and using the electronic cigarettes. However that is exactly what I did after many failed attempts, including expensive hypnotism in Harley Street. Anyway today is my first day without e-cigs either and because the habit of smoking has deserted me I have had no side effects whatsoever. That's not to say I will completely cut out e-cigs, this is still a journey to come away from a multi decade habit, and the pub will, without doubt still give me pangs. Been to the pub, couple of parties, restaurants, the 'mex... all places where I had a habit, and it is getting there.

Just wanted to say to anyone that wants to give up and feels there is nothing out there to help you, please try the e-cigs, they could be your saviour.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
In 3 days time i move onto 9 months smoke free. Cold turkey for me.

My girlfriend is doing well after completing a course of Champix. Infact she has totally surprised me.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I gave up on April 28th, so will be eight months next week.

Sadly I don't feel any better for it yet but will stick at it. To be honest I found the first few months easy ( I went cold turkey), it's been recently I have been having a bit of a wobble. Going out with friends who smoke is really hard but I have found that going outside with them helps.

It's tough, I am def seeing the benefits in the pocket tough and have treated myself to a new iMac with the money I have saved.

Keep It up peeps.

D

Deleted member 22389

Most cravings last three minutes, every time I had a craving I timed three minutes and the craving passed, worked for me well done and good luck :)

Now there is an alternative tip I could try and use here. I really want to give up, but like every other smoker it is never the right time.
I managed to give up for a whole year, I ruined it when on holiday. Second time round I am finding it even harder to give up.

I really want a dedicated server, I have worked it out, if I give up I can afford it each month and still have a bit left over.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Now there is an alternative tip I could try and use here. I really want to give up, but like every other smoker it is never the right time.
I managed to give up for a whole year, I ruined it when on holiday. Second time round I am finding it even harder to give up.

I really want a dedicated server, I have worked it out, if I give up I can afford it each month and still have a bit left over.
This is now month eight for me I hardly think about it now and the money you save along with feeling way healthier is amazing, I wish you well and good luck.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
6 months off the weed today!

Happy new year all at NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here