Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quitting Smoking Thread

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It'll be tough, but stick with it. We all have different ways, but you have already done the worst - the first 1,2,3,4 days etc

About 14 years now for me (honestly can't remember) but I'm still only one away from being a smoker (I know, from experience) the pangs become less, but the last one I had was probably over a year ago for less than 2 seconds.

Find something that will take your attention for 45 seconds and you can do it :thumbsup:

Similar. Gave up after colon cancer so I had a motive but it’s a little bit like being an alcoholic to start with - no vaping in my day. It gets easier but doesn’t take much to be reminded of how much I miss it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Gave up about 3 or 4 months ago with the help of hypnotherapy. First week was still a bit tricky then after 2 weeks tried a fag to see if I still enjoyed it. It was fecking horrible.
Like GT49er still have an urge now and again but it’s not that desperate longing any more and quite easy to ignore.

Vaping is still very much in the routine of when I’d have a cigarette but feels like an important first hurdle to clear and hopefully easier to quit nicotine for good

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Bouncing as have finally knocked them on the head 6 days ago.

Currently vaping but will be lowering the nicotine promptly

Feel significantly better already

Good luck to anyone who has quit recently or considering it now

We’ll done and keep at it. Ten years now for me and……

Good luck. Seven years smoke free, still feel the pangs several times a day, most days, Walking past a smoker happily puffing away sets me off every time.

…..I completely agree with this, although I’d say a few times a week!

Chris36d

Banned
Sep 9, 2022
how about fans quit smoking IN the Amex yes inside. Been in family stand and fans cant last 90min without one having to puff the cancer stick in the toilets and leaving walking down steps cant even wait to get outside.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Think it’s 7 years or so for me. I now can’t stand the smell of fag smoke. Never get the urge to smoke.

I asked a mate how much a packet is these days. Shocked..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Think it’s 7 years or so for me. I now can’t stand the smell of fag smoke. Never get the urge to smoke.

I asked a mate how much a packet is these days. Shocked..

Agree with this. I don't get pangs or think about it. Its not even an issue anymore. Been ten years for me. My oh still smokes.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Vaping is still very much in the routine of when I’d have a cigarette but feels like an important first hurdle to clear and hopefully easier to quit nicotine for good

Good luck mate. Vaping didn’t work for me although a few people I know did use it successfully.
A friend of my daughter is a hypnotherapist and gave me mates rates because it is quite expensive. Like I said, virtually pain free. Occasionally I think about it, stuck in traffic I would normally light up, having a coffee, things like that but not any of those terrible cravings where my body was screaming at me, that’s all gone.
It’s well worth it but living in Spain I smell the ciggies all around me. It really doesn’t make me want to reach for one, quite the opposite.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Good luck mate. Vaping didn’t work for me although a few people I know did use it successfully.
A friend of my daughter is a hypnotherapist and gave me mates rates because it is quite expensive. Like I said, virtually pain free. Occasionally I think about it, stuck in traffic I would normally light up, having a coffee, things like that but not any of those terrible cravings where my body was screaming at me, that’s all gone.
It’s well worth it but living in Spain I smell the ciggies all around me. It really doesn’t make me want to reach for one, quite the opposite.

Thanks.

I’ll be lowering the nicotine on the next vape order and hopefully continue until it’s essentially air and pointless.

Certainly overeaten this week but will address back to normality tomorrow

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Was talking about smoking at the work the other day, I've been clean for 9 years after 22 years of smoking.
Tried twice to give up, first time I lasted a few months, did really well but ultimately only did it because I couldn't afford it, once that changed I started smoking again.
Second time I found it incredibly easy to stop but I truly believe it was because I wanted to. I woke up one morning, went to spark up my first fag of the day and just decided enough was enough, it made me feel like shit, it cost a small fortune, my clothes smelled disgusting, my gums were inflamed and when I really thought about it, it's inhaling a toxic concoction of poisons that was slowly killing me, where's the fun in that? I threw my cigarettes in the bin and never looked back, no patches, no gum, no vaping and not wanted a cigarette since.
Good luck to anyone trying to kick it as I can imagine it can be extremely hard, especially if you're doing for reasons other than wanting to, but do whatever it takes and stay focused, you'll feel so much better for it.

Chris36d

Banned
Sep 9, 2022
How long before the disgusting habit of vaping gets banned in pubs? Thankfully many do but would be really good to see this stop by law.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I'm the oldest of 6 kids, my mum and dad both smoked.
When I was very young my dad gave me these words of advice; "If I ever catch you smoking I'll bloody kill you". So I never did, and I'm nearly 70 (that's the first time I've typed my near-age, its a bit of an eye-opener).
All 5 of my siblings did though, perhaps they didn't get the same pep talk?

Thanks dad, good advice.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm the youngest of six kids(no relation to familyGuy) both parents smoked. It was sort of expected that you would smoke. Gave up after forty plus years seven years ago. I'm 62, four stone heavier but I don't smell of stale smoke anymore, or suffer with bronchial problems. Was it hard to give up? yes. Do I miss it? surprisingly, no.
If people want encouragement to stop being a snoutcast, listen to a non smokers nose

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How long before the disgusting habit of vaping gets banned in pubs? Thankfully many do but would be really good to see this stop by law.
This is a thread for smokers wanting to quit or giving advice to those who do, it is not for your personal anti smoking/vaping agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here