Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quitting Smoking Thread

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
My 218th day without a ciggie........and smoke/smokers don't bother me one iota.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I've given up and it has been 12 days... Just stopped cold turkey... Im surprised I have only felt like a smoke a Cpl of times a day.... Miss the breaks at work too.

Infact I am going to mark the quit day here...

18th June 2014 11:00am

What made me stop.. a mate of mine was Diagnosed with Cancer at 38 and he is a heavy smoker (the smoking had nothing to do with the cancer) however the fact he was so young and we can't take our health for granted shitted me into quitting...

My old man said he would quit if I did (I don't think he realised I would) but as always with smoking another false promise and he still smokes...

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I've given up and it has been 12 days... Just stopped cold turkey... Im surprised I have only felt like a smoke a Cpl of times a day.... Miss the breaks at work too.

Infact I am going to mark the quit day here...

18th June 2014 11:00am

What made me stop.. a mate of mine was Diagnosed with Cancer at 38 and he is a heavy smoker (the smoking had nothing to do with the cancer) however the fact he was so young and we can't take our health for granted shitted me into quitting...

My old man said he would quit if I did (I don't think he realised I would) but as always with smoking another false promise and he still smokes...

Still not remotely come near to having a fag :)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Been using E-Cigs since January, following illness...couldnt smoke anything for around 3 weeks, which I think broke the actual cig habit...have E-Cig for the occassional cravings....although still using a little tobacco in joints.

Working out better than I expected.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Been using E-Cigs since January, following illness...couldnt smoke anything for around 3 weeks, which I think broke the actual cig habit...have E-Cig for the occassional cravings....although still using a little tobacco in joints.

Working out better than I expected.

Cool... I'm finding it easier than I thought. The shock of thinking I had a serious illness from it scared me into stopping big time.

I have also bought the alan carr stop smoking book to cement me never going back...

In hindsight it is such a stupid habit... killing yourself.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I'm glad I found this thread, I've only started smoking about 6months ago and never thought of myself as a smoker. Problem being is that now I can't stop, I can't believe this has actually happened as like has already been mentioned on this thread: I kinda looked down on smokers and their disgusting habit.

I've started on the nicorette e-cigs today, with the plan of quitting cigarettes all together. Can anyone recommend a good e-cig which can in anyway replicate a real cigarette, I'm not too sure on these nicorette ones?

EDIT: Just read the box and what I've actually bought was a nicorette inhalator. Are the E-Cigs more life like?

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
229 days smoke free. Best thing I have done, so pleased with myself.

I can't recommend it highly enough. F###ing tough at times but a lot better now

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
229 days smoke free. Best thing I have done, so pleased with myself.

I can't recommend it highly enough. F###ing tough at times but a lot better now

Well done mate. I gave up 20/03/2012

Certainly the best thing i done. You are not out of the woods yet. In fact you never really are though. I ****ed 18 months before. I was so gutted.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm glad I found this thread, I've only started smoking about 6months ago and never thought of myself as a smoker. Problem being is that now I can't stop, I can't believe this has actually happened as like has already been mentioned on this thread: I kinda looked down on smokers and their disgusting habit.

I've started on the nicorette e-cigs today, with the plan of quitting cigarettes all together. Can anyone recommend a good e-cig which can in anyway replicate a real cigarette, I'm not too sure on these nicorette ones?

EDIT: Just read the box and what I've actually bought was a nicorette inhalator. Are the E-Cigs more life like?

Try to dump the E-cigs and nicotine patches as soon as possible,all you are doing is maintaining a Nicotine habit that you will have to break at some point. You can do it, read the Allen Carr book.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Despite starting this thread, I've had an absolute 'mare. Well done to everyone who's still on the wagon.

Keep at it.

I have gone from a non smoker for three years at the time the thread was started to a smoker for a year and now back to a non smoker. The adage one cigarette and you are back to smoking sums me up. I am more aware than ever that just the one will start me off again.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Trouble with smoking, the smoker doesn't only pollute their own bodies. I sit near an absolute stinker of a smoker who has about 10 fag breaks a day. Clothes stink, breath stinks and I have no choice but to inhale some of his shitty smelling breath. It truly is revolting, but when I mention it, he doesn't take it seriously and genuinely believes a mint makes his breath acceptable. Just smells minty shitty instead. Yes, do quit smoking guys. You probably have no sense of smell now to judge how bad it is for non smokers around you.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
I gave up for over 2 yrs by will power and allen carr . First 3 days were a nightmare. After that it got easier. Every time I felt weak I picked up the book. Knowledge is power and all that. Anyway I got cocky and whilst enjoying my 3rd Xmas as a non smoker I believed I could light up without repercussions. Couple of months later I was back to square one. What a plonker.

I'm now taking Champix. Amazing drug. Really helps. Nearly 3 weeks and I can't believe its been this easy. Still feel there's something missing but that'll fade. What won't fade is the respect I have for Nicotine and how it drags you back in. I won't be making that mistake again.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I gave up for over 2 yrs by will power and allen carr . First 3 days were a nightmare. After that it got easier. Every time I felt weak I picked up the book. Knowledge is power and all that. Anyway I got cocky and whilst enjoying my 3rd Xmas as a non smoker I believed I could light up without repercussions. Couple of months later I was back to square one. What a plonker.

I'm now taking Champix. Amazing drug. Really helps. Nearly 3 weeks and I can't believe its been this easy. Still feel there's something missing but that'll fade. What won't fade is the respect I have for Nicotine and how it drags you back in. I won't be making that mistake again.
Champix drove my girlfriend nuts. Wait until you come off them before saying it's easy because that's when it really kicks in. I'm surprised you went down this route after going cold turkey while reading Carr's book.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Surprised there wasn't any New Years eve resolutions for this year posted here.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Going on 3 weeks without smoking tobacco. Have hit the E-cig pretty hard though but it's doing the job. Still keep going to roll up a cigarette where got so used to it for over 20 years and then remember i flushed it down the toilet

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Going on 3 weeks without smoking tobacco. Have hit the E-cig pretty hard though but it's doing the job. Still keep going to roll up a cigarette where got so used to it for over 20 years and then remember i flushed it down the toilet

Excellent start....well done !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here