Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick question: what is the plural of 'go'?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Schoolboy error.

Actually, they teach you that shit in school, so it's worse.

:facepalm:
I'm actually pretty shit at English, but things like this are useful to help me learn. My spelling is atrocious (oo, lucky guess) and I'm thankful for Firefox's spell checker.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm actually pretty shit at English, but things like this are useful to help me learn. My spelling is atrocious (oo, lucky guess) and I'm thankful for Firefox's spell checker.

I discovered earlier, to my delight, that helluva is actually a word!

#mental

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ok lets settle this:

he goes to work... clearly not plural
they go to work... plural.

so the plural of go is go. unless it's goes.

in conclusion, theres no definitive answer, it depends on the context and many other thing, probably including which side of an ocean or century you were born.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

in conclusion, theres no definitive answer, it depends on the context and many other thing, probably including which side of an ocean or century you were born.
Or... you could read the thread and you'd find the answer.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
ok lets settle this:

This thread is about the plural of the noun 'go'. The above examples are about 'go' as a verb, which can't be easily pluralised.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
ok lets settle this:

The plural in your example is "they" not "go". We are talking about multiple attempts. Not going anywhere. Different kind of go.

He/They had several gos/go's/goes at signing the young dutch defender, before a bid was finally accepted late on Wednesday night...

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
ok lets settle this:

Or... you could read the thread and you'd find the answer.

Trig's right. The question isn't about the verb 'to go'. It's about the noun, 'one go', 'several goes'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trig's right. The question isn't about the verb 'to go'. It's about the noun, 'one go', 'several goes'.
I wouldn't have been rude, but I had already replied to the same point and explained that in post #37.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There go the Gosses, I guess.

Or Michael Foot's family. Are they the Foots or are they the Feet?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There go the Gosses, I guess.
Goss's or Gosses are both correct (they're the same, one just substitutes the 'e' for a '''

Or Michael Foot's family. Are they the Foots or are they the Feet?
:lol:

As his family walk down the street...
Watch out, the foots are afoot.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

:goal:

I've no idea why I called him Jeremy and not Matt :dunce:

I've often wondered why the plural of goose is geese, but the plural of moose is mooses. When I say often wondered, I mean a couple of times before tonight. It hasn't plagued me with sleepless nights forever and a day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here