Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time tonight

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Al-Jazeera chap has got plenty of previous as a not-so-liberal commentator. He's basically a mouthpiece for the Iranian government and no friend of the West. He's on record as referring to us kaffirs as people of no intelligence and live our lives as animals, atheists are mere 'cattle'. Best not mention his views on apostasy, homosexuality and the like, suffice to say he's not a fan.

You can no doubt embellish such accusations with impeccable references.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just watching This Week now, quality tirade

I've watched it a number of times now. I like the combination of anger and humour. It's actually quite clever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You fail to mention him referring to us'' kaffirs as people of no intelligence and live our lives as animals, atheists are mere 'cattle''' ive seen the video of him stating all this.

Doesn't Gwylan say this was in the context of how Muslims view the us/the west?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Doesn't Gwylan say this was in the context of how Muslims view the us/the west?
he might have done , i see you conspicuously fail to mention buzzers post where he is on video saying all of these things.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
he might have done , i see you conspicuously fail to mention buzzers post where he is on video saying all of these things.

I don't know enough, or care about, the guy to comment. I've seen a video which suggests one thing and a comment from someone else who states it's out of context and originally raised by someone who hadn't read the whole transcript. I honestly don't know and don't have any energy or will to debate it. To be honest I'm less bothered about the bloke than I am about the pages of nonsense and tedium being spouted about the attacks last week; not necessarily implying you here. I posted something earlier in the week about this. I've generally kept out of it bar the occasional post. I do find Andrew Neil's rant quite compelling though.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't know enough, or care about, the guy to comment. I've seen a video which suggests one thing and a comment from someone else who states it's out of context and originally raised by someone who hadn't read the whole transcript. I honestly don't know and don't have any energy or will to debate it. To be honest I'm less bothered about the bloke than I am about the pages of nonsense and tedium being spouted about the attacks last week; not necessarily implying you here. I posted something earlier in the week about this. I've generally kept out of it bar the occasional post. I do find Andrew Neil's rant quite compelling though.
You already have , twice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You already have , twice.

Not really. #29 was a reaction about the person responding to the article admitting having not read the article; nothing to do with Hasan directly. And post #43 was a response to you asking me to comment on it. I guess you can have this but my reply is quite limp and hardly full of gusto. 1-1 :smile:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Al-Jazeera chap has got plenty of previous as a not-so-liberal commentator. He's basically a mouthpiece for the Iranian government and no friend of the West. He's on record as referring to us kaffirs as people of no intelligence and live our lives as animals, atheists are mere 'cattle'. Best not mention his views on apostasy, homosexuality and the like, suffice to say he's not a fan.

Medhi Hassan has been consistently outspoken in his condemnation of Islamic Fundamentalism.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Medhi Hassan has been consistently outspoken in his condemnation of Islamic Fundamentalism.
oh thats ok then, this nice cuddly moderate muslim doesnt want to behead me , he just thinks that most of the people in my country live like animals and have diseased minds , sweet.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And if you care to listen, here's Hasan in full illiberal flow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udbYtSMDns

I've gone through this and there is nothing that he says that doesn't make sense in the context of what he is making a point on. Yes he is a pro Iranian Shia, but that is not a bad thing. We should be thankful that there aren't just Sunni Muslims in the world. The Shia's are Islams saving grace.

He starts with;

In Islam the ends don’t justify the means. This is totally alien to Islam. We don’t bend our law, or morality for short term aims. And we never lose the moral high ground.

This can relate to the Iraq war, Bush and Blair did lose us the moral high ground for their short term ends. Not bending the law, like going to war without a UN mandate, and the ends didn't justify the means, even though Blair is still trying to justify them.

Don't forget that the West had put Iran on the axis of evil and have been threatening to bomb the hell out of it for decades, demonising them and accusing them of bad behaviour at every opportunity.

Mehdi Hasan goes Head to Head with Michael T Flynn, and he exposes the US's bullshit rhetoric.

https://youtu.be/SG3j8OYKgn4

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well i have to say its a massive would for Isabel Oakeshott on QT tonight !! 2463.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here