Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time this Thursday

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
see this is an interesting part of the discussion. Are you saying that as the son of an immigrant you cannot reconcile yourself to a party who's members hold racist views (certainly not exclusive to the BNP) due to an experience of racism

or that

as a recent descendant of an immigrant, you feel that British peoples concerns about immigration, (or more controversially, potential rights to decide who comes to their country)which has gone through the ROOF in the last decade, should be impossible to discuss on a political level as you fear for the implications if consensus turns against the BBC and government line of the last decade?

Or another answer that is less simplistic? This is not a pop its a genuine question.

In short, a).

However, of course there should be room for discussion. I have never denied this.

Sensible discussion without generalisations is the way forward and this should be done through the mainstream political parties. They should be the ones tackling this, not a bunch of tattooed neanderthals whose leader is a holocaust denier.

It may not come across this way but I'm certainly no vegetarian shoe wearing (that was very funny by the way) bleeding heart. I just don't like generalisations based on race.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In short, a).

However, of course there should be room for discussion. I have never denied this.

Sensible discussion without generalisations is the way forward and this should be done through the mainstream political parties. They should be the ones tackling this, not a bunch of tattooed neanderthals whose leader is a holocaust denier.

It may not come across this way but I'm certainly no vegetarian shoe wearing (that was very funny by the way) bleeding heart. I just don't like generalisations based on race.

You don't wear shoes?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
In short, a).

spot on agree totally (although I am not so sure that 'tattooed neanderthals' is not at least flirting with some sort of generalisation, of a group defined by their race).

the problem is we are at this point because they haven't. people with good intentions have managed to demonise the discussion. we are f***ing snookered now thanks to them.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As MOST agree you can't force the BNP, other extremists or their views underground.

You don't have to agree with them either, I don't, but I do listen to what they have to say otherwise how can you form an opinion? (The Daily mail doesn't have all the answers and isn't always factually correct)

Exactly, it's up to the individual to decide who's right or wrong. Bearing in mind that World War Two is still in the minds of millions who were there or who's parents where does anybody really see the BNP as a threat to people's liberty ? Whether you are agree or disagree they have a right to be heard. You can sneer and abuse to your heart's content AFTER they have had the opportunity to air their views. I really can't see an appearance on Question Time influencing many as it'll be past the bed time of most of those who might be swayed anyway.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
(although I am not so sure that 'tattooed neanderthals' is not at least flirting with some sort of generalisation, of a group defined by their race).

Not really - could be talking about Maoris, Sikhs, Muslim women, Puerto Rican drug gangs.....

Nice to see we agree on something though.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Not the same thing at all. Society evolves and even 'systems that starve people to death' can change and maybe as they change people's opinions change. Ditto the war in Afgahnistan which is all part of current affairs.

However the holocaust is an historic event. It had a beginning and, mercifully, an end. In other words it will never 'evolve' and unless someone can prove that the Jews all happily marched into the gas chambers of their own accord no new material facts will ever emerge to change our perception or our opinions.

So yes, ask him. As the facts will never change I would be really interested to know why he denied it originally and why he doesn't now.

But Historians do attempt to change opinions by researching historical events and figures. Even History isn't written in stone.

The thing that amuses me is that as someone who has been involved in the "far right". Very little was ever said about Holocaust denial.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But Historians do attempt to change opinions by researching historical events and figures. Even History isn't written in stone.

The thing that amuses me is that as someone who has been involved in the "far right". Very little was ever said about Holocaust denial.
No history isn't written in stone and research does uncover new facets even to well-raked over ground. However, as I said, all the major facts of the Holocuast are known and have been known for many years; there have been no earth-shattering revelations for decades, just more and more stories to corroborate what was already known.

So, please ask him. I am genuinely interested to know why he performed such an intellectual volte-face.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
No history isn't written in stone and research does uncover new facets even to well-raked over ground. However, as I said, all the major facts of the Holocuast are known and have been known for many years; there have been no earth-shattering revelations for decades, just more and more stories to corroborate what was already known.

So, please ask him. I am genuinely interested to know why he performed such an intellectual volte-face.

Check Nick out on the BNP website being interviewed by some chap on Sky news.

I don't know about earth shattering revelations but find the links between the zionists and the Nazis very interesting.

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
Yes he should, It's called democracy and free speech.

The anti-facist/trotsky/extreme left always seem frighten to hear his point of view, to the point of stiring up anger towards them from the normal people in the street.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What people really should be asking themselves is why the extreme left groups have been allowed to stir things up and get away with it. Hidden agendas are being brought into play.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The same people moaning about them appearing on question time are more than likely the same people who could not be arsed to drag themselves down the polling station to vote in the local and European elections. The BNP are a miniority party but because of the apathy of uk voters have managed to gain significant airtime of late

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes, of course they should be allowed on - looking forward to it.

Who's on for the Tories?

Jack Straw should be OK, but has stumbled on there before. Griffin's whatever he is, is certainly no idiot, I just hope that the audience comes up with some interesting, and testing questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here