Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time this Thursday

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I do love the reactions it brings out, it just shows how far we have to go to have a sensible debate in our society, and why the BNP are a direct result of these attitudes.

You just dont get it - every time someone says something pompous and 6th form-y cntish, it just hardens attitudes. YOU create them. Idiots. Talk about immigration, the pressure on communities and show a little more understanding than 'f*** them they are thick', and you will be far more successful than a load of crusties and daft women with nose piercings waving placards.

I am playing BNP QUestion Time Bingo - please feel free to join in. People have to say

• Of course having them on is the price we pay for democracy
  • we must confront these vile people in an open forum
  • i cannot wait to see them shown up for the idiots they are
  • i defend anyones right to free speech, no matter how odious their views
  • griffin is inarticulate and will fall on his face
etc etc please add any other boring insincere trendy soundbites that you feel should be on the bingo card.

the next few days promise to be very boring and depressing indeed, on this issue.

The fact is the BNP message is reaching out into the community, the message is not debated and often adsorbed as fact.

In addition, people think they know what the BNP stand forbasically its seen as anti: Black, Asians and refugees and anything else not white or Christian. The other policies are rarely considered or critique.

I doubt Nick Griffin will make a fool of himself, you may hate his views but he is a competent as the majority of panellists on Question Time.

Let his and the BNP party views be aired. It is the only way in a democratic society.

The Party may hold some gems and at the same time, we can learn a lot more about its policies and ideas.

Lets be honest how many of us know the 10 main planks of the Labour, Consertvative and Lib Dems programme at the moment.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I do love the reactions it brings out, it just shows how far we have to go to have a sensible debate in our society, and why the BNP are a direct result of these attitudes.

You just dont get it - every time someone says something pompous and 6th form-y cntish, it just hardens attitudes. YOU create them. Idiots. Talk about immigration, the pressure on communities and show a little more understanding than 'f*** them they are thick', and you will be far more successful than a load of crusties and daft women with nose piercings waving placards.

I am playing BNP QUestion Time Bingo - please feel free to join in. People have to say

• Of course having them on is the price we pay for democracy
  • we must confront these vile people in an open forum
  • i cannot wait to see them shown up for the idiots they are
  • i defend anyones right to free speech, no matter how odious their views
  • griffin is inarticulate and will fall on his face
etc etc please add any other boring insincere trendy soundbites that you feel should be on the bingo card.

the next few days promise to be very boring and depressing indeed, on this issue.

You really are the most up yourself person on this board aren't you?

Do you ever post anything that doesn't in some way let the whole f***ing world how great you think you are?

The Spanish NSC post Bingo card

- people who disagree with the Spanish are pompous/trendy/member of the PC brigade/live in ivory towers/hand wringers/middle class/member of the chattering classes/eat tie-dyed tofu/Guardian reading lefties/bleeding hearts blah f***ing blah blah blah

even when you post about football it's the same

anyway, another thread binfested, see ya.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Do you ever post anything that doesn't in some way let the whole f***ing world how great you think you are?

- people who disagree with the Spanish are pompous/trendy/member of the PC brigade/live in ivory towers/hand wringers/middle class/member of the chattering classes/eat tie-dyed tofu/Guardian reading lefties/bleeding hearts blah f***ing blah blah blah

its not real life mate.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

HAHAHA you really are a prize c unt arent you ??, I cannot believe you dont recognise the irony in saying the spanish is the"most up themselves person on this board", literally EVERYTHING you post is in some way designed to enhance your "right on , good guy credentials".......twot

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Cov, will he make a fool of himself when continually being challenged or do you think he will hold his own? Has Griffin ever had to answer the sort of stuff he is going to be faced with on national tv before?
Going to make for fascinating viewing!

Griffin is no mug. He may be a bit nervous. I have noticed this at times but he is more than capable of holding his own. If the panel gang up on him it will back fire on them.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Evidently a lot of the focus is on Nick Griffin, however for the purposes of equality he is sharing the stage with the following:

A failed politician and muslim homophobe who was given a life peerage and seat in the Lords at 36; definitely not for tokenism or patronage reasons.

A self confessed liar and authoritarian hypocrite. This particular liberal prevented the release of information on why this country went to war in Iraq. He also mitigated his over claiming of expenses by stating 'accountancy was not his strong suit'.

A multi-milionaire toff with seven houses but who despite his wealth claimed for general household groceries and a trouser press.

An American.

Elsewhere in the UK this week its been confirmed that two London Councils have instructed schools within their boundaries to shut so that pupils can celebrate Eid, Diwali and Guru Narak................like they do for Christmas.

The BNP must be laughing into their jackboots.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, they should be allowed. No matter how abhorant some people may find their views, they are a political party and as such should be treated as any other.

Besides, I can only assume Mr Griffin will make a complete and utter twat of himself and do the party no end of damage.

bad move to make assumptions, it should be like a breath of fresh air amongst all the politically correct brigade.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
HAHAHA you really are a prize c unt arent you ??, I cannot believe you dont recognise the irony in saying the spanish is the"most up themselves person on this board", literally EVERYTHING you post is in some way designed to enhance your "right on , good guy credentials".......twot

its the snakey grassy way he implies 'oh you've ruined this thread' that I like the most. Really weasely. its a post on a thread about BNP on question time. It has Binfest Avoidance Level of ZERO.

what a mug.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My thoughts:

1. The BBC are right to ask Griffin on the show. The show is, after all, a forum for the ordinary public to quiz elected politicians about their views and policies.

2. Some politicians are, rightly, worried that by giving Griffin a platform he will increase his support base. These politicans have every right to be worried because they're not creating, delivering and then executing policies we need now, never mind whatever guff he comes up with.

3. The BNP politically is not a threat but the potential exists for it to be so if our politicians don't deliver. Engaging Griffin and winning the argument in the background of economic unrest and rising unemployment will not be as easy as some suggest.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
its the snakey grassy way he implies 'oh you've ruined this thread' that I like the most. Really weasely. its a post on a thread about BNP on question time. It has Binfest Avoidance Level of ZERO.

what a mug.

Spanish would you have Griffin on or not? Slightly pompous of you to slate others' thoughts without offering your own.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Spanish would you have Griffin on or not? Slightly pompous of you to slate others' thoughts without offering your own.

yes of course I would. They have had racists on of all other hues and allegiances on before. Its hardly a first.

If they wanted to really make them look stupid they should have invited Mark Collett on or someone. Griffin is like Clyde out of the Ant Hill Mob, he hasnt got a lot behind him.

To be honest it is not going to get anyone anywhere, its just a chance for people to showboat and for the old bill outside to get some overtime. That's my point, its a sorry state of affairs that between government, the state broadcaster and the only openly anti immigration party politically anywhere near the mainstream, and this is only as far as we have got in 50 years. Pathetic all round.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
yes of course I would. They have had racists on of all other hues and allegiances on before. Its hardly a first.

If they wanted to really make them look stupid they should have invited Mark Collett on or someone. Griffin is like Clyde out of the Ant Hill Mob, he hasnt got a lot behind him.

To be honest it is not going to get anyone anywhere, its just a chance for people to showboat and for the old bill outside to get some overtime. That's my point, its a sorry state of affairs that between government, the state broadcaster and the only openly anti immigration party politically anywhere near the mainstream, and this is only as far as we have got in 50 years. Pathetic all round.

My thoughts:

1. The BBC are right to ask Griffin on the show. The show is, after all, a forum for the ordinary public to quiz elected politicians about their views and policies.

2. Some politicians are, rightly, worried that by giving Griffin a platform he will increase his support base. These politicans have every right to be worried because they're not creating, delivering and then executing policies we need now, never mind whatever guff he comes up with.

3. The BNP politically is not a threat but the potential exists for it to be so if our politicians don't deliver. Engaging Griffin and winning the argument in the background of economic unrest and rising unemployment will not be as easy as some suggest.

I tend to agree with both those posts. As others have said Griffin may not be that bright but he is streetsmart. If he keeps it simple: "I just want what's best for Britain" and fudges around the more controversial issues, rather than being shown up he could enhance his reputation.

And yes I will admit there IS a small part of me, my authoritarian leftist streak if you like, that wants to see him stopped from appearing. No platform for Nazis and all that.

Jan 30, 2008
there's obviously going to be one or two hecklers in the audience but it will be interesting to see how the party performs in the opinion polls afterwards

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's a feel of a boxing match about this one. Griffin wouldn't have had an audience of 4-5 million before so I expect him to be pumped up and bullish. He couldn't have wished to get the main parties at a better time, what with the expenses scandal resurfacing.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
There's a feel of a boxing match about this one. Griffin wouldn't have had an audience of 4-5 million before so I expect him to be pumped up and bullish. He couldn't have wished to get the main parties at a better time, what with the expenses scandal resurfacing.

Its more like an Fa Cup match. Non League up against the Premiership. All Griffin needs to do is put in a performance. Which he is more than capable of doing.

I have never been much of a fan of Nick but he is winning me over.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Its more like an Fa Cup match. Non League up against the Premiership. All Griffin needs to do is put in a performance. Which he is more than capable of doing.

I have never been much of a fan of Nick but he is winning me over.

good analogy. The BBC are certainly ensuring they try to cram as many cliches into their build up to this 'game', as they do for a potential banana skin minnows v. giants magic of the cup interviews with postman who play up front etc etc non league v prem cup tie!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
good analogy. The BBC are certainly ensuring they try to cram as many cliches into their build up to this 'game', as they do for a potential banana skin minnows v. giants magic of the cup interviews with postman who play up front etc etc non league v prem cup tie!

yeah, except the postman in question happens to be a proven holocaust denier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here