Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Question Time 17/09/15: Official Match Thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sure I've seen McDonnell somewhere before....

spare head 3.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How many in your house, Sandi? What's that? None? Oh, right.

:tosser:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
The panel and the audience are both ruddy annoying tonight.:wanker:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Agree. Looking at this panel, anybody holding the position of (Shadow) Chancellor of Her Majesty's Opposition should be bossing this show without breaking sweat.
IIRC Gideon Osborne has only agreed to appear once and he pulled out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you can buy Jesus was a refugee christmas cards.......do you want the link?

typical religionutters, not even understanding their own stories.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I actually thought McDonnell was quietly impressive. Telegraph lad was good, Salmond OK, Toksvig self- righteous. Worst performer was Liz Truss - trotted out the party line and didn't utter one thought of her own, depressingly predictable.

i think what will kill Corbyn's Labour Party is his completely unmedia-savvy approach. Within every well- meaning speech is a damaging soundbite, and that's the only bit most people will get to hear or remember.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Thought McDonnell did well, much better than I expected.

However, he was given something of a free pass with the extremely impressive Salmond/ Totsvig pincer movement and the Tories putting up perhaps the least impressive cabinet member in Liz Truss, who every time I see her I'm convinced she's a random bullshit generating machine.

They'll be much tougher tests.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Thought McDonnell did well, much better than I expected.

However, he was given something of a free pass with the extremely impressive Salmond/ Totsvig pincer movement and the Tories putting up perhaps the least impressive cabinet member in Liz Truss, who every time I see her I'm convinced she's a random bullshit generating machine.

They'll be much tougher tests.

Liz Truss if nothing else proves that any idiot can be a politician. Osbourne will not appear on QT anytime soon, he only does pre recorded interviews to make sure he says the right thing. I don't agree with the
Tory Journo but at leat he spoke with some intelligence and McDonnell carried on with this new softly spoke, keep to thus issues approach. I'm not sure if its going to work for Labour but it sure is refreshing to here principled, intelligent debate. Cameroon will not be able to stick to the no cheap points scoring, he started to slip back into the shouty personal attacks at prime ministers question time so no way will he be able to hold out.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It does not say much for politics and the future of this country that Corbyn and McDonnell have arrived at the forefront of the Labour party. To say they have baggage would be a bit of an understatement. McDonnell came over decently asking for understanding and forgiveness. The questions though should have been anticipated and he probably practiced his comments, with coaching, at some length. I do not buy the Corbyn excuse for failure to sing the anthem. In my book it was a deliberate action on his part. It is pretty ridiculous to suggest that a prospective leader of our country cannot control his actions at a memorial service !!! If he truly cannot he needs to find another job and soon !!!

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
It does not say much for politics and the future of this country that Corbyn and McDonnell have arrived at the forefront of the Labour party. To say they have baggage would be a bit of an understatement. McDonnell came over decently asking for understanding and forgiveness. The questions though should have been anticipated and he probably practiced his comments, with coaching, at some length. I do not buy the Corbyn excuse for failure to sing the anthem. In my book it was a deliberate action on his part. It is pretty ridiculous to suggest that a prospective leader of our country cannot control his actions at a memorial service !!! If he truly cannot he needs to find another job and soon !!!
Lifelong [Tory] Supporter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here