Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Question Time 17/09/15: Official Match Thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Toksvig talking about not knowing who the non-voters will vote for when they vote next time.

1. If they vote. It's a big if.
2. Labour won in 2001 with 59.4% and 2005 with 61.4%. Then some non-voters came out: 2010 - 65.4% (Tory/Lib-Dem); 2015 - 66.1% (Tory)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a shower. Who nicked the skull off Salmond's pirate badge?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
McDonnell really is spouting shite as for big ears he is like a seriously annoying head boy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who'd ba a poliician. If I had to account fr every utterance made down the pub (or in Westminster, or on telly) over the last 30 years, I'd be finished.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Corbyn was advised by people in his own team and those outside not to appoint McDonnell as Shadow Chancellor. Looks like good advice; he has too much baggage. He will never be able to present his own economic agenda or critique Conservative policy as he is continually going to have to justify his past.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The torygraph journalist is a :tosser: and McDonnell is a terrible speaker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corbyn was advised by people in his own team and those outside not to appoint McDonnell as Shadow Chancellor. Looks like good advice; he has too much baggage. He will never be able to present his own economic agenda or critique Conservative policy as he is continually going to have to justify his past.

Not if the new politics includes not having to justify your past. Explaining why he used to be a liberal never harmed the conservative, Winston Churchill. The road to Damascus does have a legitimate diversion.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Pretty awful all round. McDonnell doing nothing to show that he would be an effective chancellor, speaks with no authority and seems a touch idealistic.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Interesting to hear people rather than just the media preconceptions. I think you may be right Bry, but he is not coming over as wierd as anticipated. Appointing him looks a mistake though. Loyalty I suppose.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Who'd ba a poliician. If I had to account fr every utterance made down the pub (or in Westminster, or on telly) over the last 30 years, I'd be finished.

Thing is politicians cant say parliament and politicians need to be MORE accountable then suddenly become miffed when its put into practice and they get asked difficult questions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lovely from Salmond, would he open the door and allow half a million immigrants into Scotland ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Pretty awful all round. McDonnell doing nothing to show that he would be an effective chancellor, speaks with no authority and seems a touch idealistic.

Agree. Looking at this panel, anybody holding the position of (Shadow) Chancellor of Her Majesty's Opposition should be bossing this show without breaking sweat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here