Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR v Millwall - last night

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This is my (only slight) concern regarding promotion to the Championship at Falmer.

We have managed to curtail trouble at Withdean because the of the limits of the away end. It may be different when we have 3,000 Neanderthals popping down to rearrange our new stand!

There's a fair few clubs with knucklehead support in the Championship. Hopefully our Police will be more switched on than the West London police last night!

Well lets just stay in the third division at Withdean then! :wozza:

There has been loads of trouble since we've been at Withdean!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
millwall had 30 lads in a pub at 10 inthe bloody morning,with qpr the other side???old bill made a large boo boo

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is my (only slight) concern regarding promotion to the Championship at Falmer.

We have managed to curtail trouble at Withdean because the of the limits of the away end. It may be different when we have 3,000 Neanderthals popping down to rearrange our new stand!

There's a fair few clubs with knucklehead support in the Championship. Hopefully our Police will be more switched on than the West London police last night!
Indeed. Can you imagine? We get promoted this season - and then the first game at the new ground is home to Millwall! That could take the gloss of it a bit!

With regard to the police not keeping the Millwall fans back I think it might be due to Human Rights legisalation - the police can't just detain you. I seem to remember reading that before about a previous Millwall riot.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Indeed. Can you imagine? We get promoted this season - and then the first game at the new ground is home to Millwall! That could take the gloss of it a bit!

With regard to the police not keeping the Millwall fans back I think it might be due to Human Rights legisalation - the police can't just detain you. I seem to remember reading that before about a previous Millwall riot.

If it were then the police would have no alternative to move it to a high noon kick off on a Sunday. I expect a lot of games will be moved when higher profile clubs come to town with large away followings if we were to get promoted.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

But that is what they did to us at Palace in 2002?

Maybe the Millwall intellectuals drafted a reasoned, balanced and cogent case in the form of a consultative report to the Met that compelled the Met to re-examine their tactics.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
if the police were stretched last night - and this is the same Met Police who are due to handle the 16th October, when Fulham play Tottenham, Crystal Palarse play Millwall, and we play Charlton.

hmm. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here